Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: December 10th 2019 update

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Update for January 9th 2020.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all belatedly!
    We closed for the holidays a total of 6 days.

We got back to just over 900 email orders and inquiries and more phone messages than our system could handle hence the late reply on CGN.
    I cleaned out many posts in this thread simply to keep it shorter so there are not pages and pages to go through to learn any useful news.

Shaun will be posting a 2019 synopsis shortly to try and bring everyone up to speed.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We got back to just over 900 email orders and inquiries and more phone messages than our system could handle.
    Godspeed and good luck....
    A Government of Laws and not of Policies.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Update for January 9th 2020.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all belatedly!
    We closed for the holidays a total of 6 days.

We got back to just over 900 email orders and inquiries and more phone messages than our system could handle hence the late reply on CGN.
    I cleaned out many posts in this thread simply to keep it shorter so there are not pages and pages to go through to learn any useful news.

Shaun will be posting a 2019 synopsis shortly to try and bring everyone up to speed.
    Impressive for a relatively small boutique manufacturer.

Proves my theory, good products sell themselves........

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Impressive for a relatively small boutique manufacturer.

Proves my theory, good products sell themselves........
    with a little help from the Liberals...

(not detracting from the quality of the product, mine is out of this world!)

I find it really surprising that there is a major bias towards FA uppers, remembering back to the poll that was conducted while run 1 lowers were in production the FA had a fairly strong showing but it appears to be pretty popular.

Have both myself, if I was buying today would probably still go with the slick side..
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    I find it really surprising that there is a major bias towards FA uppers, remembering back to the poll that was conducted while run 1 lowers were in production the FA had a fairly strong showing but it appears to be pretty popular.

Have both myself, if I was buying today would probably still go with the slick side..
    Today that is an option.

This time next week? Not so much. The slick side is officially being discontinued, and further orders will no longer be taken beyond January 15th and the cut off for the third production run.

That whole saying: "Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

I see 3 reasons to go with the FA.
    1) Hunting, to be able to very quietly ride the charging handle home, and then more ergonomically press the cam the bolt over. Much quiet than the typical rack and slam.

2) The military guys who have had it pounded into their head Press check - Press check - Press check, so many times that if there isn't a forward assist, they're still slapping the side of the receiver anyways even if it's not there.

3) The aesthetics. Let's face it, it just looks cool. And like it or not, most of us fall into this category.

The secretive fourth reason:

4) It will streamline production so we are only making one upper, and one lower model.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Today that is an option.

This time next week? Not so much. The slick side is officially being discontinued, and further orders will no longer be taken beyond January 15th and the cut off for the third production run.

That whole saying: "Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

I see 3 reasons to go with the FA.
    1) Hunting, to be able to very quietly ride the charging handle home, and then more ergonomically press the cam the bolt over. Much quiet than the typical rack and slam.

2) The military guys who have had it pounded into their head Press check - Press check - Press check, so many times that if there isn't a forward assist, they're still slapping the side of the receiver anyways even if it's not there.

3) The aesthetics. Let's face it, it just looks cool. And like it or not, most of us fall into this category.

The secretive fourth reason:

4) It will streamline production so we are only making one upper, and one lower model.

Any update when run 2 will be completed . Coming up on a year since I ordered

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastLowbedder View Post
    Any update when run 2 will be completed . Coming up on a year since I ordered
    Send an email to info@albertatacticalrifle.com then, or post your full name on the board (not recommended) so I know who "EastCoastLowbedder" is... as I have no orders under that name ;-) . And as we are working thru march orders right now, there must be some extenuating circumstances regarding your set that I would like to look into further.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    i actually like the Sick Side more because it says “Canada.” I order the Slick Side but I’ve been thinking about ordering a second upper before the cut off day. I’m building and HBAR 20” government style for the first and I’d like to have a modern style upper with free float handguard. It’s just a matter of how long to I want to be eating Kraft Dinner for.
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast