Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: December 10th 2019 update

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Odie89 View Post
    It’s the vague answers that I find concerning , you’d think if it was that simple they would just say that . The lack of any real update is also concerning. I think a actual update for those of us still waiting
    I want to trust them, but this is the vagueness that concerns me:

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Specific elements of run #2 are the only hold up right now, it's not relevant to run #3 as we are already making the lowers for third run right now.
    I won't carry on, but there is more to this that we don't know, and I assume for a good reason.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    I want to trust them, but this is the vagueness that concerns me:

I won't carry on, but there is more to this that we don't know, and I assume for a good reason.
    Something tells me that its specific builds or items that didn't pass QC that are getting re-worked.

Shaun and all the other fine folks at ATRS are always an open book when it comes to providing updates and being honest with customers. That's my personal experience (which included custom ordered parts which were delayed by another manufacturer etc.), so I'd have no qualms with ordering from them again.
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    It’s the vague answers that I find concerning , you’d think if it was that simple they would just say that . The lack of any real update is also concerning. I think a actual update for those of us still waiting
    Not vague answers. Short of basically halting production in order to manually go through literally thousands of guys paperwork then spend likely a week or more matching all of the paperwork to each lower and then match it to an upper it is impossible to say exactly when each order will be ready to ship. Then the uproar would begin about how much further things are behind. We can't win either way. We try to be open and transparent but it seems it is never enough for some guys.

Having 1 mill down that is dedicated to final finish machining of uppers has set us back. The hold up now on run 2 sets is that the uppers were only 90% finished when the mill went down. Some companies would have simply skipped this step and blasted the tool marks off so they were less visible, this is NOT how we roll. I would rather be late but ship as close to perfection as possible than ship out mediocre parts which is why I refuse to outsource.

I braved the weather and cold yesterday to run another 90 uppers for anodizing that should take care of all of the F/A sets. SS sets will be longer as we did not anticipate the volume of guys who ordered multiple uppers in run 1.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Razer View Post
    Something tells me that its specific builds or items that didn't pass QC that are getting re-worked.

Shaun and all the other fine folks at ATRS are always an open book when it comes to providing updates and being honest with customers. That's my personal experience (which included custom ordered parts which were delayed by another manufacturer etc.), so I'd have no qualms with ordering from them again.
    There certainly are some that needed to be remade. The joys of production machining is that when a machine has an issue rather than just 1 or 2 parts getting destroyed now it becomes anywhere from 8 to 16 parts.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Not vague answers. Short of basically halting production in order to manually go through literally thousands of guys paperwork then spend likely a week or more matching all of the paperwork to each lower and then match it to an upper it is impossible to say exactly when each order will be ready to ship. Then the uproar would begin about how much further things are behind. We can't win either way. We try to be open and transparent but it seems it is never enough for some guys.

Having 1 mill down that is dedicated to final finish machining of uppers has set us back. The hold up now on run 2 sets is that the uppers were only 90% finished when the mill went down. Some companies would have simply skipped this step and blasted the tool marks off so they were less visible, this is NOT how we roll. I would rather be late but ship as close to perfection as possible than ship out mediocre parts which is why I refuse to outsource.

I braved the weather and cold yesterday to run another 90 uppers for anodizing that should take care of all of the F/A sets. SS sets will be longer as we did not anticipate the volume of guys who ordered multiple uppers in run 1.
    Does this mean your still shipping run #1 SS uppers ?

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post

Thanks for that.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

The one to the question I asked , an estimate to when run#2 will be completed so I can know when all get the product I paid for a year ago
    Apart from a few lowers we had to remake all of run 2 lowers are done. Next week the rest of run 2 F/A uppers will be back from anodizing so will start to ship out with the lowers as soon as we can get them matched, packed and shipped. We are still working on SS uppers for run 2 due to the finish mill going down, an exact ETA to completion is not available.
    Maybe if we knew who odie89 really was we could look up his paperwork and provide a better answer, but we do not have an order for anyone named odie89.

CGN Regular
    Or “odie89” could grow up and learn some gd patience. Then we can all get our stuff a little sooner instead of having to look up his paper work.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd rather wait a little more and get pure ATRS quality than get something with machining marks on it! Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by StockHausen View Post
    I'd rather wait a little more and get pure ATRS quality than get something with machining marks on it! Thanks for the update!
    +1 that's why I decided to wait and get a quality MS rather than a SLR

ATRS has never let me down so far.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935