Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Surplus Mystery Box

Military Surplus Mystery Box

Any one else going to take the chance on another one?
    Got a couple good pieces last time. Probably take the gamble on another. At the very least it's a fun surprise!
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience-George Carlin

Tempted..

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymoose410 View Post
    Any one else going to take the chance on another one?
    Got a couple good pieces last time. Probably take the gamble on another. At the very least it's a fun surprise!
    I've never heard of this before, thanks for the heads up. Seems cool that they have the EMT method of payment as well.

Is it normal for a company to require a Place of Birth? I feel that is a step too far and I've never been asked before during firearms purchases. With my name, phone number, address, pal# & place of birth these people could take my information and use it unscrupulously. Even a reputable company can have a bad egg.

I put in an order but put my place of birth as private, if it needs to be canceled - so be it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    You only need the place of birth for restricted purchases I do believe
    I’ve bought from tradeex before and put in my birthplace when it wasn’t required
    I didn’t think it was a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrawt View Post
    You only need the place of birth for restricted purchases I do believe
    I’ve bought from tradeex before and put in my birthplace when it wasn’t required
    I didn’t think it was a big deal?
    I'm a very big privacy advocate. I noticed someone taking money out of my bank account from another province years and years ago. I noticed and called the bank before they even caught on.
    When you sign up for things like online banking etc, a lot of them ask info for security/recovery like mothers maiden name, place of birth etc. If you give that info to anyone who asks then its simple for them to pretend to be you. Maybe I'm a little paranoid but I work in the IT industry and I know how some of these things can be done so I try to give as little info as possible.

Who’s selling them?
    If you want to buy a gun by law you’ll have to show a license at the point of purchase. Right now that’s not a requirement. -The Prime Mistake, Little Castreau 03/20/2018

Quote Originally Posted by supacat View Post
    I'm a very big privacy advocate. I noticed someone taking money out of my bank account from another province years and years ago. I noticed and called the bank before they even caught on.
    When you sign up for things like online banking etc, a lot of them ask info for security/recovery like mothers maiden name, place of birth etc. If you give that info to anyone who asks then its simple for them to pretend to be you. Maybe I'm a little paranoid but I work in the IT industry and I know how some of these things can be done so I try to give as little info as possible.
    place of birth is used specifically by the CFP to validate you as the rightful holder of your PAL. literally every time you phone in to the CFP they ask for your place of birth to authenticate you.

it's not a privacy concern or an overstep from Tradex.

Quote Originally Posted by adamthaggan View Post
    Who’s selling them?
    LoL - I had the same question when I saw this post, then I looked what section of the forum it was posted: tradeexcanada.com

I just ordered 2 of them myself

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    place of birth is used specifically by the CFP to validate you as the rightful holder of your PAL. literally every time you phone in to the CFP they ask for your place of birth to authenticate you.

it's not a privacy concern or an overstep from Tradex.
    The only time I've been asked during any firearms dealings is when I purchased a restricted - and it was a requirement on the paperwork that was needed to fill out. I'm not doubting what you say because frankly I don't know. But I do have my personal experience and it is what it is.

Thanks for the info tho, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by supacat View Post
    The only time I've been asked during any firearms dealings is when I purchased a restricted - and it was a requirement on the paperwork that was needed to fill out. I'm not doubting what you say because frankly I don't know. But I do have my personal experience and it is what it is.

Thanks for the info tho, much appreciated
    the e-commerce solutions some retailers use don't have the capacity to distinguish your purchase as firearm or non-firearm.

to combat this limitation, they choose to simply prompt you for all possible required information

you don't have to fill all of it out. the same way i don't fill out my PAL# when i'm buying non-firearm stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast