Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You asked, we listened, I now accept Credit Cards

Supporting Dealer Henry Nierychlo's Avatar

You asked, we listened, I now accept Credit Cards

Due to requests that I accept credit cards, I now am accepting credit card payment on my website.
    Please be aware that there is a small convenience fee (1.95%) associated with paying by credit card.
    Thank you for all of your requests!

Regards, Henry

AKA (Budget Shooter Supply) Click on the Banner at the Top of the Page Also at www.budgetshootersupply.ca

Now Stocking Dillon, Hornady & Lee Presses & Dies !!!

CGN Regular
    Actually, quite a reasonable fee.

And usually quite against one's credit card merchant agreement. The "correct" way to adjust for credit cards is a blanket price adjustment upwards, with a "discount for cash payments" approach, rather than an explicit credit card surcharge. Same thing in the end but more amenable to your merchant agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by A_guy View Post
    And usually quite against one's credit card merchant agreement. The "correct" way to adjust for credit cards is a blanket price adjustment upwards, with a "discount for cash payments" approach, rather than an explicit credit card surcharge. Same thing in the end but more amenable to your merchant agreement.
    I prefer seeing it this way. When I see "cash Discounts" I think tax evasion not credit card fees.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantarthewise View Post
    I prefer seeing it this way. When I see "cash Discounts" I think tax evasion not credit card fees.
    Not if it's an EMT - that has a trace since it's bank to bank and AFAIK only the customer bears the cost.

Good decision.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantarthewise View Post
    What's wrong with tax evasion? Keeps money out of the hands of criminals.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Good job. Makes buying easier. Many low priced dealers do something similar for credit cards. Usually saying so on the website. I just bought a trailer from a dealer that does the same. No issues for me.
    Semper Fi

You will lost your right to accept cards rather quickly by adding a surcharge, all it takes is someone to report you and include this link. All the credit cards prohibit merchants from doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by A_guy View Post
    There is no CC processor willing to accept a CC surcharge being advertised, they will boot you promptly once they find out. CC processors want the appearance of using your cc as more convenient than using cash, asking for more on top for processing will deter customers from using their cc's and go against the whole idea of a credit card.

Adjust pricing upwards and just offer a cash discount at 2% to cover yourself. We do something similar with our clients.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast