Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Letter Writing Campaigns and The CCFR

CGN frequent flyer
    I've got some letters prepped here now, do I read the postal code to HOC right ? K1A-0A6 ?

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow, my MP , Blair and that other a%$hole that I cant even mention his name.

wolverine,

looking for help writing a letter to my conservative mp. I don't think the example outlined would be appropriate for someone advocating for gun rights, or should I just not send one to her?

thanks.

[QUOTE by Tracy] I am writing to you today to express my deep concern with actions your government is taking to unfairly target lawful gun owners. You have stated publicly that you would be using an OIC to ban legally acquired firearms from lawful owners and would be implementing a buy back program. I find these measures to be an egregious overreach of executive authority and a waste of valuable taxpayer resources. I urge your government to reconsider investing this money in programs and measures to combat crime, support at risk youth initiatives and community programming. It is incumbent on you and your colleagues to make every legitimate effort to fight actual crime and to bring forth your ideas to the Commons where it may be studied and debated by all Members of Parliament. It is imperative you keep in mind that western Canada fully rejected the policies and platforms of your government and overall Liberal support was greatly diminished.[QUOTE]
    =============================================
    I "hand-wrote" this letter, and mailed it in.
    I read somewhere that Emails, the opinion counts as one person,
    but a hand-written letter assumes 500 people with the same thoughts.

I wrote my 3 letters this morning, will mail them tomorrow to get them registered.

A lot of people I'm talking too are only saying "yeah, petition and letters has never changed anything and that won't pass anyway"...

We need to be active!

CGN frequent flyer Doug The Canuck's Avatar
    15 minutes
    3 sheets of paper
    3 envelopes
    No postage
    Still worth doing regardless of whether you don't think it does any good.
    CSSA, NRA, NSCA Instructor, OFAH

Gun Control Is Like Trying To Prevent Drunk Driving By Making It Harder For Sober Drivers To Own Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer90 View Post
    wolverine,

looking for help writing a letter to my conservative mp. I don't think the example outlined would be appropriate for someone advocating for gun rights, or should I just not send one to her?

thanks.
    Please see my post below: "Sample letter" Any one is welcome to offer their input and examples in order to assist others.

I sent three letters off a couple of weeks back, one to Bill Blair, a copy of the same letter with a cover letter to the little potato, and the same to my local idiot MP.
    This is the start of the letter, not going to post it all here.

January 6, 2020
    Minister Bill Blair
    House of Commons
    Ottawa ON K1A 0A6

Dear Minister Blair:

I am a 64 year old male, a father of 2, grandfather of 4. I have recently retired after a long career. I have voted in ever election at the municipal, provincial, and federal level since I was able to vote. I believe that it is both my right and my duty.
    My sons are 44 and 40, I was married right up until almost 5 years ago when I lost my wife. I have lived in the same home for almost 30 years. I know the mayor of my city, and she knows who I am, and I know almost every member of our city council.
    I know my provincial member of parliament, and she knows me on a first name basis, and I know my federal MP as well.
    During my employment, I was considered an industry expert in several different fields and I traveled throughout North America providing technical support on a variety of different products.

Minister Blair, I am a typical firearms owner.
    My original Firearms Acquisition Certificate was issued November XXXX, and my first restricted firearms certificate was issued January XXXX. I have been a firearms owner for over 38 years, and have held a hunting license since the early 80’s

I just wanted Billy to know who I am and who he is attacking.

For the petition, I emailed a link to all my friends, acquaintances and business contacts even though many have no interest in firearms. I pointed out that this is not a firearms issue, this is a government trying to seize legally owned items. And once they established that they can do that, they can continue on to seize other items. Maybe their sports car, maybe their SUV, after all, "No one needs a high powered sports car".

And the other thing I do, I am on the local riding association (EDA) for the local Conservative Party. I am a card carrying member, I work the elections, I contribute money to the party. I will be active in the upcoming leadership campaign, and I will vote to elect our new leader.
    And we will be prepared for the downfall of the liberal government when the NDP doesn't get what they and pulls their support that props up a corrupt government.
    Are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer90 View Post
    wolverine,

thanks.
    Yes you are correct, my previous reply was a "little hasty". If you are writing to a Conservative MP I would suggest a few changes along the lines of:

As you are no doubt aware the Liberals are proposing the following: (Cut and paste from our sample letter.) This will do nothing to make Canada safer it will only target the Law abiding gun owners with legally purchased firearms and do nothing to combat the illegal use of firearms used in criminal activities. We are relying on your opposition to this very unjust liberal proposal.

Something along those lines should get the point across. I hope this is of some assistance.

CGN Regular
    Just wondering how everyone’s letter writing is going?