Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter Writing Campaigns and The CCFR

CGN Regular
    we've been sending letters for years now

insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results

like typical liberals, they already have a 'clear mandate' in their mind which is supported by 'scientific evidence' which is 'open and transparent'
    AKA
    we have been tasked by the UN to disarm our citizens and we will use any crime, tragedy, or stacked survey to see this theft of property be completed.

don't mean to be the stick in the mud, but not even a million tractor trailers of letters will change that.

about as effective as 'thoughts and prayers'

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greazyjungle View Post
    Open up your local newspaper and find a byline and email the reporter. Or watch your local 6 o'clock news, note the reporters name, and send them an email...

Even if they don't write a story about your day at the range - you've educated them and the next time they are covering a political even in your town they may ask that question of the local MP, or call out their BS talking points. Reporters love to embarrass a politician with a 'gotcha' moment...
    Thank You

I'll look into this. Been sending out letters and e-mails to MP's and I get the usual copy and paste reply or most of the time no reply at all.

CCFR MDRGC

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greazyjungle View Post
    Blair and Trudeau have made up their minds... A million letters to them will accomplish nothing.

The Liberals don't care about the truth, or the stats - they are exploiting an electorate that is ignorant of the current firearms law in Canada. Scary looking guns and a general public that believe you can go to the local weekend gun show and walk out with an AR15 without a background check, because that's what they saw on 60 Minutes last week... The don't know that Canadian law and US Law can't be compared at any level - its just what they see on TV.

While the disdain for the major media outlets is palpable on most days here on CGN (more of that American influence on Canadian culture...) I believe that getting to the media will be more effective. Most of the reporters and pundits (save for Matt Gurney) are as oblivious to firearms law as the general public is in Canada. We need to educate them - and plant the seed of doubt in THEIR minds as to the need and efficacy of the Liberal gun control (read: confiscation) initiatives. When Evan Soloman or Tonda McCharles begin to realize that what the Libs are selling is just smoke and mirrors, and they see the dollar value of those useless plans, THEN you may see some of our concerns aired in the media and then get the attention of the policy makers. Trudeau doesn't care if you send a form letter - but his whole office cares if there is a segment on the Sunday news programs devoted to bashing one of their initiatives...

A few years ago CGN's infamous 'Ottawa' was using his connections in the Parliamentary Press circles to take journalists out shooting - let them ask questions and present our case in a rational manner - normalizing our love for the shooting sports, for instance. I went with him once and watched a hipster NDP-supporting journalist nearly get a brain cramp because the smile on his face was so huge after he shot his first AR15 bullseye...

When we take our local reporter out shooting, it's not a registered lobbyist/reporter event - its a local person and the local reporter shooting some guns and having a real conversation. Find out who the local reporters are and ask to take them shooting; all politics are local, as they say, and that local reporter is probably looking for feature stories. And you never know where their career will take them; there was a local TV reporter here in Ottawa who a year ago was doing stores about the local seniors craft sales, and now she's doing national politics stories for the national CTV news broadcast.
    Yes, we will not make the Libtards change, but by sending letter after letter to the NDP, media outlets, even the Block; it sends a clear message.

If anyone wants to "host" an actual influencer at one of my ranges (TSE or TSC), let me know in advance and I'll comp the daypass fees...

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    we've been sending letters for years now

insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results

like typical liberals, they already have a 'clear mandate' in their mind which is supported by 'scientific evidence' which is 'open and transparent'
    AKA
    we have been tasked by the UN to disarm our citizens and we will use any crime, tragedy, or stacked survey to see this theft of property be completed.

don't mean to be the stick in the mud, but not even a million tractor trailers of letters will change that.

about as effective as 'thoughts and prayers'
    We have to do everything we can. No slacking. No compromising. Great battles are not fought and won with a defeatist attitude. Our orgs have done great work so far, as have individuals. Let's keep trudging.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    We have to do everything we can. No slacking. No compromising. Great battles are not fought and won with a defeatist attitude. Our orgs have done great work so far, as have individuals. Let's keep trudging.
    DCRA helped prevent an AR ban in the past

Hopefully they will engage this time also.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Yes this is excellent!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Mailed away 6 letters a couple days ago! Will write more periodically.
    |CCFR|

You can count on my 3 letters.
    I love not man the less, but nature more.
    Lord Gordon Byron

Consider it done, tomorrow 1st thing. I am also going to add Firearm business's after "unfairly target lawful gun owners" as this ban will certainly have an effect on them and merits to be added. Just my .05
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

BANNED
    Shared the crap out of that on social media. Will do my part as well. Its not like we havent done this 10x over in the last decade already lol.