Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Letter Writing Campaigns and The CCFR

Sent my letters to both Justin and Bill. Through Canada Post to the House of Commons. Spread the word!

CGN Regular
    My wife and I just sent ours too.

CGN Regular
    I will send letters to all parties, that way if the liberals consider the OIC route, there may be stronger Parliamentary pressure against the "short cut" and if they go through Parliament the libs need external support so lets make the case to those parties too.
    "I've been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.", The Magnificent Seven
    "Nothing wrong with quiet.", Jeremiah Johnson
    CCFR CPC member ONTARIOPC member

On my 3rd batch of letters.

Do we have any feedback on how much has been sent to the offices in Ottawa?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Some good information to include in the letters could be stats on how many crimes are committed with semi-auto rifles and shotguns, and how many of those are by people with firearms licenses. The only information I can gather from stats can is that from 2014-2018 each year had between 30-65 homicides committed with rifles or shotguns. It does not say however how many of those homicides were with stolen guns, or committed by PAL holders.

To put things in perspective, in 2018 there were 4,460 people who died from opioids, or from 2014-2018 close toe 14,000 people. In that same time frame, 242 people were killed with rifles or shotguns. Again, it does not say how many of those were with illegally acquired firearms, how many people were PAL holders etc.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1...pid=3510007201
    |CCFR|

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Here's one of my letters for ideas or you can use it as well.

Dear Mr. Trudeau

I am writing you today to voice my displeasure and complete opposition over your Liberal governments intention to further punish law abiding firearms owners in a vain attempt to prevent criminals from breaking the law. Your government claims to want to keep Canadians safe, yet in the same breath is willing to allocate somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 million-$1 billion dollars to forcibly confiscate legally acquired and peaceably held firearms from honest Canadians when that money could be put to far better use in other areas.

An example would be that from 2014-2018 roughly 14,000 Canadians have died from opioids, while in that same time frame (according to StatsCan), 242 people have been the victims of homicide using a rifle or shotgun. That is an average of 48.4 people a year, compared to the average of 2,800/year due to opioids. StatsCan does not keep track of (or at least I can't find) how many of those 242 people were killed by law abiding firearms owners, or how many of the firearms used were illegally obtained etc. Of those 242 people, I am willing to bet that under 5% of those murders were committed with legal firearms held by law-abiding PAL holders.

The fact that your government is so willing to demonize and unfairly target 2.2 million Canadians goes to show that this is not about actually making a difference in public safety, rather it is plain and simple virtue signalling. There are far better ways to address the problem of gang/criminal violence in this country. Imagine what we could get accomplished if both sides worked together to arrive at a meaningful solution to the issue at hand.

In closing, I completely oppose any further restrictions that unfairly target Canada's law-abiding firearms community.

Thank-you,
    |CCFR|

Name:  IMG_2941.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  65.5 KB

I just finished mine today.
    CLOSE - only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
    CCFR & CSSA & RWF Member

I used multiple sources and other letters to customize one for me. Feel free to use to make your life simpler.

I am writing to you today to express my deep concern with the recent actions The Government of Canada is taking to unfairly target lawful gun owners. The current Minister of Public Safety & Emergency Preparedness Bill Blair has expressed the Liberal intention to ban, what it refers to as “military-style assault rifles”, through an Order in Council. An Order in Council ban on “military-style assault rifles” would fail to take firearms away from criminals and the office of Public Safety Canada’s information notes this is not a legal definition in Canada.
    The use of an Order in Council is an egregious overreach of executive authorities, bypassing the democratic process of the House and the elected representatives of the Canadian Parliament. This executive order would strip law-abiding Canadians of their legally purchased property previously approved through the RCMP Canada Firearms Program, The current government is choosing to ignore results from Public Safety Canada’s “Engagement Summary Report – Reducing Violent Crime: A Dialogue on Handguns and Assault-Style Firearms” where “the majority of respondents did not support further limiting access to firearms & assault-style firearms”.
    The proposed buyback of legal, licensed firearms could cost the Canadian taxpayer over $250,000,000 which could be better spent on initiatives that have an appreciable positive impact on public safety such as: deter youth from gangs, addiction treatment, mental health, strengthened border security, and increase police anti-gang capacities. I urge your government to reconsider investing this money in programs and measures to combat crime, support at-risk youth initiatives and community programming. It is incumbent on you and your colleagues to make every legitimate effort to fight actual crime and to bring forth your ideas to the Commons where it may be studied and debated by all Members of Parliament.
    A ban would unfairly target Canadian firearms owners who are already among the most vetted in Canadian society. Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) and Restricted PAL (RPAL) holders are subject to daily screening and are statistically proven to be less likely to commit crimes than non-PAL & non-RPAL holders.
    It is imperative you keep in mind that western Canada fully rejected the policies and platforms of the current government and overall Liberal support was greatly diminished.
    CLOSE - only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
    CCFR & CSSA & RWF Member

3 letters sent.
    Stupidity is its own punishment.
    “The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,”
    ~Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

Hand written letters written and placed into envelopes. Will Mail on Monday.
    The West wants Out!