Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter Writing Campaigns and The CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by QMaze View Post
    You want to get noticed plan a protest in the middle of Toronto and march down all the 401 lanes bringing a grid lock. That is how you make your voices heard.
    Yep. +1
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Done!

CGN Regular
    Wrote some letters to the Prime Minister, Minister Blair, my MP and federal leader of the Bloc.

Quote Originally Posted by Greazyjungle View Post
    Blair and Trudeau have made up their minds... A million letters to them will accomplish nothing.

The Liberals don't care about the truth, or the stats - they are exploiting an electorate that is ignorant of the current firearms law in Canada. Scary looking guns and a general public that believe you can go to the local weekend gun show and walk out with an AR15 without a background check, because that's what they saw on 60 Minutes last week... The don't know that Canadian law and US Law can't be compared at any level - its just what they see on TV.

While the disdain for the major media outlets is palpable on most days here on CGN (more of that American influence on Canadian culture...) I believe that getting to the media will be more effective. Most of the reporters and pundits (save for Matt Gurney) are as oblivious to firearms law as the general public is in Canada. We need to educate them - and plant the seed of doubt in THEIR minds as to the need and efficacy of the Liberal gun control (read: confiscation) initiatives. When Evan Soloman or Tonda McCharles begin to realize that what the Libs are selling is just smoke and mirrors, and they see the dollar value of those useless plans, THEN you may see some of our concerns aired in the media and then get the attention of the policy makers. Trudeau doesn't care if you send a form letter - but his whole office cares if there is a segment on the Sunday news programs devoted to bashing one of their initiatives...

A few years ago CGN's infamous 'Ottawa' was using his connections in the Parliamentary Press circles to take journalists out shooting - let them ask questions and present our case in a rational manner - normalizing our love for the shooting sports, for instance. I went with him once and watched a hipster NDP-supporting journalist nearly get a brain cramp because the smile on his face was so huge after he shot his first AR15 bullseye...

When we take our local reporter out shooting, it's not a registered lobbyist/reporter event - its a local person and the local reporter shooting some guns and having a real conversation. Find out who the local reporters are and ask to take them shooting; all politics are local, as they say, and that local reporter is probably looking for feature stories. And you never know where their career will take them; there was a local TV reporter here in Ottawa who a year ago was doing stores about the local seniors craft sales, and now she's doing national politics stories for the national CTV news broadcast.
    Taking a reporter out to a range to try sport shooting and further educate them on current firearms legislation is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    If anyone wants to "host" an actual influencer at one of my ranges (TSE or TSC), let me know in advance and I'll comp the daypass fees...

JR
    A great offer! Thanks to JR and TSE!

I just wrote my PAL and RPAL this weekend because of this. My instructor suggested I check out this sight. I got informed through a visit to a local range gunshow. I will be writing in for sure.
    Now I am new here really don't know all there is to know about the whole situation and could be just blowing smoke out my ass but.....

I am just a hobby farmer who while fixing fences,chopping wood and planting stuff has a lot of extra time to think. I'm just wondering if I am the only crazy kook out there who daydreams of being part of a political party that not only has a decent viable platform but at the same time is willing to fight for not only gun rights but ( the one I stand for more than all else) personal rights and freedoms as well. Not a 'those commies will never take my guns!" party but a " we can cut back spending by being sensible, get better trade deals, create new jobs, and ease up on gun control too party" The last twenty years or so I have come to believe there is no party in Canada that truly cares what anyone thinks. Considering the massive Cons win in the west there may be a chance if enough people got together took the Cons basic platform plus whatever else is truly needed to patch this country up and added a fight for personal liberties and freedoms they might start to make a difference. It could bring a few more into the fray that have nothing to do with guns but realize what else could be at stake when the guns are all gone. Sure its fun to write a letter or paste memes all over facebook and twitter but we could sure use someone with teeth on the inside. Or we could just Wexit and leave the east to eat itself, but that wouldn't be right. I would imagine there are just as many people fighting the good fight back east as there is out west. Myself I wouldn't know where to start, so I figured I would do what I do best, plant a seed and see if it grows. Call me crazy and shoot it down if you wish. Or maybe build upon an idea and put forth positive criticism too. Like everything in this world should be, the choice is yours. Thanks for reading this far.

CGN Regular
    Letters headed out in the morning.

Letters in the mail, we have to try.

I love your optimism. I hope it works but you are forgetting the arrogance of this Trudeau/Blair government. They don't really care about solving the real issues and unfortunately most Canadians don't like or care about guns in this country. Blair listened to hundreds of decent gun owners and look how much that did.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomstickBilly View Post
    I just wrote my PAL and RPAL this weekend because of this. My instructor suggested I check out this sight. I got informed through a visit to a local range gunshow. I will be writing in for sure.
    Now I am new here really don't know all there is to know about the whole situation and could be just blowing smoke out my ass but.....

I am just a hobby farmer who while fixing fences,chopping wood and planting stuff has a lot of extra time to think. I'm just wondering if I am the only crazy kook out there who daydreams of being part of a political party that not only has a decent viable platform but at the same time is willing to fight for not only gun rights but ( the one I stand for more than all else) personal rights and freedoms as well. Not a 'those commies will never take my guns!" party but a " we can cut back spending by being sensible, get better trade deals, create new jobs, and ease up on gun control too party" The last twenty years or so I have come to believe there is no party in Canada that truly cares what anyone thinks. Considering the massive Cons win in the west there may be a chance if enough people got together took the Cons basic platform plus whatever else is truly needed to patch this country up and added a fight for personal liberties and freedoms they might start to make a difference. It could bring a few more into the fray that have nothing to do with guns but realize what else could be at stake when the guns are all gone. Sure its fun to write a letter or paste memes all over facebook and twitter but we could sure use someone with teeth on the inside. Or we could just Wexit and leave the east to eat itself, but that wouldn't be right. I would imagine there are just as many people fighting the good fight back east as there is out west. Myself I wouldn't know where to start, so I figured I would do what I do best, plant a seed and see if it grows. Call me crazy and shoot it down if you wish. Or maybe build upon an idea and put forth positive criticism too. Like everything in this world should be, the choice is yours. Thanks for reading this far.
    Great post friend! I agree with your political ideas 100%. As much as I understand and agree with Western Canada’s frustration with the rest of the country, it’s refreshing to see someone who recognizes they have friends in the east (I live just outside Toronto and most of the people here are oblivious to what goes on around them) rest assured, there’s people all over the country fighting the same fight as you.

Done. Even grabbed some envelopes to set down in the morning to remind myself to do this and ended up doing it all, so its ready for mailing now.
    Member CCFR OFAH OFAH Georgian Bay Hunters and Anglers Club ONTARIO Fur Managers Federation

Quote Originally Posted by BoomstickBilly View Post

Congratulations on the RPAL, support, and taking action. Ty all for stepping up!, I know that the ones who do, will not have a problem looking themselves in the mirror. HOO YAH!
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA