Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Letter Writing Campaigns and The CCFR

My letters in the mail

My wife said if I go coyote hunting one more time she's going to leave me....I'm going to miss that woman!

A ban on these gun will require legislation. The order in council is a interim ban on their use and sale. I agree we need to address this issue but we should show a clear understanding of the process going forward when writing letters and contacting or Liberal MPs. Yes I said Liberal MPs. contacting your local Conservative MP is a waste of time as has just been shown. Write Liberal MPs and show them we are rational, calm, reliable, informed and fully understand what just happened because they forced Justin’s hand and made him make this an election promise issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug The Canuck View Post
    Well, that didn't do much good did it?

Writing to the Liberals is like peeing into the wind. It makes you feel good, but your feet get all wet.

The only way to deal with this is to defeat the Liberals. They are ideologically committed to a gun ban, and no amount of convincing will do any good. They must be replaced.

Gun owners have to get behind the CPC and get them elected. During that process, they must let the CPC know that the reason for the support is because you are a firearms owner. Firearms laws must become a central pillar in the CPC's platform.

They need money, boots on the ground and votes. The sooner we realize that, the better.

And don't waste your vote on Mad Max. He has no power at all. Wasted vote.
    I agree with much of this. Which is why my strategy is to not only let the Liberal minority government know that they've crossed the line, but also let the people vying for CPC leadership that anything less than repealing the order is unnacceptable. Today, I emailed Bill Blair, JT, my local MP, all CPC leadership candidates, all the leaders of the opposition and the local CBC newsroom that their actions to subvert democracy will not be unchallenged. I told them to expect more letters and phone calls from me to remind them of what democracy is and that I had no choice but to call for the opposition to move for a vote of non-confidence. I agree that along with these letters, we need to organize and demonstrate to let them know that they've stirred up a hornets nest.

Stay strong and free people!

Sending letters to JT, Bill Blair, my MP, the CPC leadership candidates as well as all federal opposition leaders.

Signed and delivered to post office tomorrow morning.

No more letters. No more petitions. They don't care. They view us with disdain and always have.

Lawsuits.

You know that $2000 you were saving to spend on your next build? Set it aside to help the organizations/individuals/retailers who will fight this in court.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    No more letters. No more petitions. They don't care. They view us with disdain and always have.

Lawsuits.

You know that $2000 you were saving to spend on your next build? Set it aside to help the organizations/individuals/retailers who will fight this in court.
    I'm up for this!

I would put a large sum towards legal fees also!

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
    I would put a large sum towards legal fees also!
    It doesn't even have to be a huge amount. If every mook on this board chipped in $500 to a formal. organized legal challenge that's a lot of firepower.

Shooting is an expensive sport/hobby. There are very few people on this board who legitimately couldn't put in a few hundred bucks (or more). You just have to decide how important this battle is for you and for everyone you know. I'm selling some gun-related assets (and other stuff) right now, and I'm earmarking a portion of sales to go to the orgs. Anyone else can do the same.

Wait out. The CCFR, CSSA, and NFA have already published immediate responses. So have CPC members and many of the fine businesses who advertise here and elsewhere. Give them some time to formally organize and respond, and (hopefully) set differences aside to move as a united front. It's now or never. We have two years. "They" are going to hit us with a second wave. The usual cabal are already complaining that these measures didn't go far enough. Emboldened by what they consider a victory, they still want handguns and, yes, now they want hunting rifles. They want it all. I believe their extremism and greed will be their undoing. If there's one thing we know about the Canadian identity, it's that most Canadians love polite moderation and compromise. Extremism on either side of any issue never really goes over well.

Be patient. Let them fire their shots. Then we hit them back in court after court.

You're from High River. You more than anyone knows how this works....

But screw more letters and e-petitions. They only work when your opposition isn't ideologically rigid. Screw 'em. As one of those anti-gun doctors recently tweeted "...the time for civility is long passed...". How right he is.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

Done, 3 letters in the mail. Donated to CSSA, CCFR. Going to join CPC before leader's election. What's next?
    IDF

Quote Originally Posted by Vyach View Post
    Done, 3 letters in the mail. Donated to CSSA, CCFR. Going to join CPC before leader's election. What's next?
    I would say buy a Capri Insurance firearms policy because it comes with free unlimited legal advice, and they are retaining counsel to help draft a plan of action. I know the other orgs have insurance policies but I look at this as another lobbyist.