Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Letter Writing Campaigns and The CCFR

Received a reply from my CPC MP:

Thank you for your letter concerning on[sic] the Liberal government's plan to ban and buy back certain types of firearms. I appreciate that you took the time to bring this matter to my attention and will be sure to share your views with my colleagues in Ottawa.

When it comes to gun violence, Conservatives continue to advocate for laws that target criminals and gangs, rather than lawn[sic]-abiding gun owners. During the 2010 federal election, Conservatives promised to repeal and replace Bill C-71 and were opposed to the Liberal's semi-automatic and municipal firearms ban proposals.

I will personally continue to stand for policies that support law-abiding gun owners in my riding and across Canada.

Once again, thank you for writing.

Sincerely

Michael Chong
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
    Just wondering how everyone’s letter writing is going?
    Maybe time to change up into second gear, we have a long road ahead of us.

I got a response from my Conservative MP, and crickets from Blair and the man child.

My letters were posted on Monday. Looking forward to see if I'll get any response.

Sad to hear from fellow gun owners that letters won't change anything, so they won't write any...
    Given the possible outcome, I think it's worth the shot to do something.

I can't believe that 250 000 letters or more wouldn't at least send a message to our government...

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerOne View Post
    My letters were posted on Monday. Looking forward to see if I'll get any response.

Sad to hear from fellow gun owners that letters won't change anything, so they won't write any...
    Given the possible outcome, I think it's worth the shot to do something.

I can't believe that 250 000 letters or more wouldn't at least send a message to our government...
    That is absolutely correct. The Liberals (and most other politicians) count on Canadian public apathy.
    The West wants Out!

Letter campaign response.

Quote Originally Posted by guy329 View Post
    That is absolutely correct. The Liberals (and most other politicians) count on Canadian public apathy.

I recieved a response from the Office of the prime Minister. It was basically him throwing Bill Blair under the bus. It said that the issue is under the direct controll of Bill Blair and they would forward him my letter. Seems like Trudeau is trying to distance himself from it. Anyone else get a reply yet?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by firearms_enthusiast-1987 View Post
    I recieved a response from the Office of the prime Minister. It was basically him throwing Bill Blair under the bus. It said that the issue is under the direct controll of Bill Blair and they would forward him my letter. Seems like Trudeau is trying to distance himself from it. Anyone else get a reply yet?
    Nope. Sent my letters almost a month ago. I'm not expecting a sincere reply, if I even get one. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by firearms_enthusiast-1987 View Post
    Yup, same thing. It's all Blair's fault, "I've forwarded your letter to him".
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Handwritten to trudeau, blair, freeland and my MP (Godin), made color photocopies and sending then away every week.

Think it's time to bump this thread again.