Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter: All About Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFlint View Post
    From ATRS:

"You can remove a bit of material from the bottom front of the rear hook on the upper to provide enough clearance to install the upper."

Will go this route.
    I did this and use the Triggertech AR diamond. When I first built my rifles, I used the Geissele SSA-E

Wish I hadn't read your post.... Trigger Tech Diamond absolutely does not fit unless u either take considerable amount material either off the trigger or the upper. Either option is F ing dumb and im out $400 unless I hack up one or the other.
    Last edited by airjmc87; 01-03-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airjmc87 View Post
    Wish I hadn't read your post.... Trigger Tech Diamond absolutely does not fit unless u either take considerable amount material either off the trigger or the upper. Either option is F ing dumb and im out $400 unless I hack up one or the other.
    Send the lower to atrs for the rear take down pin mod and you wont have to remove any material

Ya iv waited an entire year for this receiver to show up just for it to not work as advertised...I'll get right on sending it right back to them...

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Send the lower to atrs for the rear take down pin mod and you wont have to remove any material

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Ya iv waited an entire year for this receiver to show up just for it to not work as advertised...I'll get right on sending it right back to them...
    Unless you have bought a slick side upper from the first production run you won't have any problem using your TT.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Second run slick slide.... does not fit trigger tech diamond

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Unless you have bought a slick side upper from the first production run you won't have any problem using your TT.

I ended up shaving about 1mm off the backside of the upper receiver hook, and only about 3/4 up the full length of the hook arm. About 5 careful minutes with my Dremel. Yes I too was hesitant on grinding something I waited so long for, but test fired for the first time today and she purrs. It's just a minor inconvenience in my mind. And yes, I did look down on pretty much every other AR I saw at my range today cuz mine is NR muhahahaa
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

They didnt change the rear hook profile until they started making second run fa uppers I believe. It's been a known issue for almost a year that the original slick side uppers do not work with the TT adjustable triggers. You have 5 options. Shave the hook, shave the trigger, send it to atrs for a mod, pull the rear bar out and put a kns pin in its place or buy a new trigger. I have a Timney calvin elite I'll trade straight across for your diamond. It fits and functions 100%. Its not atrs fault the trigger tech trigger doesnt fit. Their trigger housing is just to big and doesnt fall within the mil spec foot print that the ms was designed to accommodate.

That's strange?

Both of my SS uppers and my FA upper work with my lower that has a trigger tech diamond. Perhaps sending it to ATRS for a look wouldn't be a bad idea. I sent them some items not long ago and the turnaround time was impressive considering how close it was to the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastLowbedder View Post
    Has anyone use the geissele 3 gun trigger ?
    It works, no issues.

Best wishes,

Mike
    Canmore, AB
    Member CCFR
    Member CSSA

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
    - Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast