Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter: All About Triggers

Modern Sporter: All About Triggers

Searching through the various MS build FAQs and could not locate what I was looking for, so starting anew. This thread is all about compatible trigger sets for the ATRS MS platform.

Has anyone tried to mount a Geissele Hi Speed NM? The extended tail of sorts will not clear the rear takedown/hinge pin. I think you can make it work with some filing of materials. I'm leaning towards shaving the rear hook on the upper; but could likely file down the trigger set as well.

Recommendations? Or suck it up an get an SSA-E set and be done with it?

Thanks everyone.

Cheers.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

I went with the SSP rather than the SSA-E, just for something different. Flat bow. I'm really liking the single stage.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

I too prefer flat... Super Dynamic Combat is prob what I'd go with... but my Hi Speed is brand spanking new! Would prefer to get use out of it but really really hesitant to shave the upper that I've waited a year for lol.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

From ATRS:

"You can remove a bit of material from the bottom front of the rear hook on the upper to provide enough clearance to install the upper."

Will go this route.

I have a Geissele National Match in my MS. I can confirm that it will not fit without the sliding rear pin mod. If you get ATRS to drill / tap the lower for a standard rear pin it works just fine. I guess you could also shave the rear hook. Sliding rear pin seemed like a better choice to me.

Went with the Geissele G2S-E, it fit perfectly. It is a brownells exclusive and is the same as the SSA-E but batch checked and doesn’t have the laser engraving. Picked one up for $129us. It is very nice, I’ve never had such a nice trigger before
    Hitchvault.ca

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    I have a Geissele National Match in my MS. I can confirm that it will not fit without the sliding rear pin mod. If you get ATRS to drill / tap the lower for a standard rear pin it works just fine. I guess you could also shave the rear hook. Sliding rear pin seemed like a better choice to me.
    Hmm would you have a pic to share? It is loose or still pretty solid? A bit late to send the lower back to ATRS... but agree a sliding rear pin seems to be a better choice vs shaving materials.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFlint View Post
    Hmm would you have a pic to share? It is loose or still pretty solid? A bit late to send the lower back to ATRS... but agree a sliding rear pin seems to be a better choice vs shaving materials.

Thanks!
    It just uses stadard AR15 rear pin after the mod, and function is exactly the same as a AR15. Depending on your upper/lower fit (wiggle) might be effected. Having the sliding rear pin obviously would introduce a bit more clearane between parts. I don't find it detrimental at all on mine.

Has anyone use the geissele 3 gun trigger ?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastLowbedder View Post
    Has anyone use the geissele 3 gun trigger ?
    a buddy of mine did - he had issues - atrs investigated and attributed it to an out of spec trigger. dont believe he has tried a new one yet

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast