Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Government E-Petition Sponsored by MP Glen Motz RE: Firearms - NOW CLOSED

Signed Petition.

Business Member Rep
    Handy link on our web site HERE. We've had it up for a few days.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 12.39.05 PM.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  37.7 KB

Great opportunity to visit our web site and finish off your Christmas shopping too. Some Boxing Day deals are already loaded on our SALES PAGE too.

642 signatures yesterday.

in a 905 county that prohibits Sunday hunting with guns. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    Only 66k signatures. We need alot more than that. That's only 3% of the pal/rpal holders in Canada.
    Last edited by reddog9x19; 12-31-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    "Totally incompetent blowhard, an idiot and a fool." - Detective John Corey describing what could only be Dear Leader or maybe the Kommissar for Public Safety. You decide.

Some of the people I had sign don’t hold a PAL. They just don’t want their tax $$ spent on something that won’t solve crime.

in a 905 county that prohibits Sunday hunting with guns. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
    Some of the people I had sign don’t hold a PAL. They just don’t want their tax $$ spent on something that won’t solve crime.
    That's awesome! Great to hear.
    "Totally incompetent blowhard, an idiot and a fool." - Detective John Corey describing what could only be Dear Leader or maybe the Kommissar for Public Safety. You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
    In some ways, those are the voices that need to support this and need to be heard the most.

Signatures not getting validated?

Hey folks .... I have attempted to sign the petition twice. Neither time I have gotten the validation email so I think that means my signature does not get added to the count. Anyone else having that situation?

I wonder if there is a glitch of some sort?

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Tac Man View Post
    Hey folks .... I have attempted to sign the petition twice. Neither time I have gotten the validation email so I think that means my signature does not get added to the count. Anyone else having that situation?

I wonder if there is a glitch of some sort?
    Check your junk mail. Sometimes your spam settings move it into your junk folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Umm debating this in the house will just get it approved through the NDP and worse case the Bloc.... in no way is this a hands off our guns petition...

Correct me if I’m reading this wrong.
    Well first of all putting it through bill process will take a lot longer. That, alone, is reason enough because basically as long as this process outlives the inevitable vote of non-confidence needed to bring another election, it's dead in the water.

Secondly, although the NDP and Bloc may want gun bans, they are not 100% in lockstep with the LPC on everything, and, as we know, parliament is all about give-and-take. If Trudeau want's Singh's support on the gun band as they are written, he may have to give up something the NDP or BQ wants. Pipelines come to mind.

Finally (and somewhat connected to #2), the other parties are not necessarily in favour of a minority government side-stepping parliamentary process in order to achieve every goal. OiC is bound by certain provisions which essentially make it an emergency measure (which must be reversed when the "emergency" is over), and for minor issues not really worth the House' time (say appointing a specific civil servant). The other parties may support the idea of gun bans in principle but, unlike, NZ this is not a reaction to some new tragic event. The abuse of parliamentary privilege is something the other parties won't want to allow to become standard procedure during Trudeau's time as PM.

It's also worth mentioning that although the NDP has lost its way recently, it's still a blue-collar/agricultural party. Singh may be anti-handgun to appease his urban base, but a lot of the party's support is rural and aboriginal (see Vancouver Island and greater BC for example). These people hunt. The same can be said of the Bloc - go an hour north of Quebec City and Quebec is very much rural and resource-based.

Believe me, for all kinds of reasons, we need to push for these measures to be debated in the House.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM