Page 129 of 132 FirstFirst ... 109119121122123124125126127128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1315

Thread: Petition e-2341: Demand Democratic Process on Liberals' Firearms Agenda

Business Member Rep
    We can only hope that Bill Blair and Justin Trudeau will realize that they are targeting the wrong people.

We should mention that e-1923 was open for signatures for four months and received heavy distribution through funded advertising: CLICK HERE to view e-1923

Meanwhile, www.e2341.ca was open for signatures for two months. No advertising was purchased. It was a true grassroots movement.

Canadians are speaking loudly. It's best the government listen.

Thank you to Brad Manysiak for starting this petition and to Glen Motz, MP for sponsoring it.

And, thank you to all Canadians who believe in the democratic process for signing it.

Keep writing letters to your MP and visit them in their constituency office.

EPetition-01.jpg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelectRyan View Post
    We can only hope that Bill Blair and Justin Trudeau will realize that they are targeting the wrong people.

We should mention that e-1923 was open for signatures for four months and received heavy distribution through funded advertising: CLICK HERE to view e-1923

Meanwhile, www.e2341.ca was open for signatures for two months. No advertising was purchased. It was a true grassroots movement.

Canadians are speaking loudly. It's best the government listen.

Thank you to Brad Manysiak for starting this petition and to Glen Motz, MP for sponsoring it.

And, thank you to all Canadians who believe in the democratic process for signing it.

Keep writing letters to your MP and visit them in their constituency office.

EPetition-01.jpg
    To be debated.....

Like I said before, while E-2341 is framed in our favour, it is only about debating the issue.

We must make it clear exactly what we want to our elected officials and the public. Now more than ever.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Remember the shocked expression they had on their faces during the panic-buy?
    Then Blair refusing to name models after the election to avoid panic-buys (Spoiler: People panic-bought).
    Now this.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    . .

Quote Originally Posted by awndray
    I just feel like pointing out a little something.

I've seen people complain, saying that this petition isn't fair, because those who are against it cannot vote on it.

I then point them to these numbers.

Petition Signatures Purpose
    e-2341 (Democratic process) 170,080 to put any new firearms laws, bans, buyback programs or changes to licencing before the House of Commons to be debated
    e-1923 (Firearms) 20,110 to implement a ban on the civilian ownership of handguns and military assault weapons
    e-2097 (Firearms) 3,498 to implement a ban on the civilian ownership of handguns and military assault weapons
    e-1866 (Firearms) 976 to draft legislation immediately in order to ban handguns and military-style assault weapons in Canada
    e-2139 (Firearms) 781 to adopt Bill C-71 and to ban military style semi-automatic weapons in Canada by limiting the use of these weapons to military personnel only

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    HAHA. They don't give a shyt about being realistic, fair or listening because they have shown it time and time again. I should add that I think getting nearly 175,000 was a great show of support for Glen Motz and can't hurt us at all.
    We gotta keep positive and show some faith that government will show reason and understanding.
    If they don't, and if they continue acting with impunity against the most lawful group in Canada, well, that's a tyranny, another thing altogether, a course of action that we will discuss when such unfortunate time comes...
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Almost 175,000 signatures is nice. But with over 2 million PAL holders, its actually quite sad.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    Almost 175,000 signatures is nice. But with over 2 million PAL holders, its actually quite sad.
    It would be interesting to get the take of a pollster/statistician or perhaps a sociologist on this. I wonder if there is any research on these kind of petitions that require initiative on the part of the people in order to have their opinion recorded? (as opposed to a traditional petition where people are approached and asked to physically sign a hard copy) I wonder if there any way to extrapolate support in the population as a whole from the number of people who made the effort to sign?
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    It would be interesting to get the take of a pollster/statistician or perhaps a sociologist on this. I wonder if there is any research on these kind of petitions that require initiative on the part of the people in order to have their opinion recorded? (as opposed to a traditional petition where people are approached and asked to physically sign a hard copy) I wonder if there any way to extrapolate support in the population as a whole from the number of people who made the effort to sign?
    This would be interesting to know. Contrary to what Squidxm said I think this is strong statement on behalf of Canadians using a electronic platform as clearly no other topic has gathered so many signatures. We did something right...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpee View Post
    This would be interesting to know. Contrary to what Squidxm said I think this is strong statement on behalf of Canadians using a electronic platform as clearly no other topic has gathered so many signatures. We did something right...
    What's hard to quantify though is whether this is a case of a relatively small percentage of the general population that was highly motivated or if the "largest E petition ever" thing is representative of the feelings of Canadians as a whole. I honestly believe that more gun control isn't even on the radar of the vast majority of the population. I doubt most people care one way or the other.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    I agree with you 100%. This represents only 8.75% of potential PAL/RPAL holders in Canada. Given that a lot of people were able to get others to sign who were not PAL/RPAL holders; this is just a drop in the bucket.

Although it sickens me every time I read or heard about Drunken Billy and Selfie the wonder boy coming down on legal law abiding firearms owners and wanting to ban this and that. At less than 10% of the community willing to sign a petition, I would not be surprised if those two's only reaction would be "Meh", less than 10%, #### you....Next! I have a pride parade to go to.
    CCFR
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ