Page 21 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition e-2341: Demand Democratic Process on Liberals' Firearms Agenda

done, come on guys we need a lot more voices!
    CPC,CCFR,CSSA My freedom is not for sale

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Signed and shared to Facebook with this intro:

Feel free to copy and amend as you see fit for your own social media.

As one specifically targeted by the forthcoming Order-In-Council, I’m sharing this with my friends and family here on Facebook. I’m not much of a petitions person, but when a government decides to bypass parliament with an OIC, we should ALL pay attention. Some of you here may have different views than I do on firearms issues, but I’m sure you’ll agree that Due Process remains an important pillar of Canadian society.

So, if you can spare about thirty seconds, I’d appreciate it if you’d sign the attached petition, and forward it to other Canadians who respect due process, and want to see licensed and vetted firearm owners treated fairly. Thanks 👍🏻

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2341

“Petition to the Government of Canada
    Whereas:
    The Government of Canada has expressed its intention to ban, what it refers to as “military-style assault rifles”, through an Order in Council;
    Public Safety Canada’s information notes this is not a legal definition in Canada;
    The use of an Order in Council is an egregious overreach of executive authorities, bypassing the democratic process of the House and the elected representatives of Canadians;
    This executive order would strip law-abiding Canadians it has approved through the RCMP Canada Firearms Program, of their legally purchased property;
    The use of an Order in Council ignores the Government’s survey on firearms where “the majority of respondents did not support further limiting access to firearms & assault-style firearms”;
    The proposed buyback of legal, licenced firearms could cost the Canadian taxpayer over $250,000,000 which could be better spent on initiatives that have an appreciable positive impact on public safety such as: deter youth from gangs, addiction treatment, mental health, strengthened border security, and increase police anti-gang capacities;
    An Order in Council ban on “military-style assault rifles” would fail to take firearms away from criminals; and
    A ban would unfairly target Canadian firearms owners who are already among the most vetted in Canadian society. Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) and Restricted PAL (RPAL) holders are subject to daily screening and are statistically proven to be less likely to commit crimes than non-PAL & non-RPAL holders.
    We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to put any new firearms laws, bans, buyback programs or changes to licencing before the House of Commons to be debated.”
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Signed and shared. Engaging the family on this over Christmas.

Done

Done.
    Instagram 👉 chesterfieldfox

CGN Regular
    Just came to post. Done.

CGN Regular
    Done. The Trudeau Liberals are authoritarian thugs that don't care what the little folks think. But, I'm not going to miss an opportunity to tell them what I think.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.
    It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    - Ronald Reagan

Done

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pblatzz's Avatar
    Done

Signed and sent to everyone I know who knows a gun ban has nothing to do with crime.