Page 73 of 132 FirstFirst ... 536365666768697071727374757677787980818393 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition e-2341: Demand Democratic Process on Liberals' Firearms Agenda

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CLW .45's Avatar
    Sent to Glen Motz and some of the usual suspects today.

I wonder how many aren’t signing because the petition really doesn’t address their concern that their firearms are slated for prohibition and they see this petition as a feeble attempt to appeal for our support.

Sir,

As firearms owners, we appreciate any support, no matter how feeble.

Frankly speaking, it matters not one whit whether our firearms are banned after debate in the House, or by OIC.

We lose either way.

What is required is repeal of prohibition.

- Prohibition of firearms.

- Prohibition of devices.

- Prohibition of ammunition.

Thank you,

CLW .45
    - Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.
    - All restrictions/prohibitions must be repealed.
    - Middle ground? What middle ground?

Every firearm owner should sign the petition and show concern due to the following:

Petition to the Government of Canada
    Whereas:
    The Government of Canada has expressed its intention to ban, what it refers to as “military-style assault rifles”, through an Order in Council;
    Public Safety Canada’s information notes this is not a legal definition in Canada;
    The use of an Order in Council is an egregious overreach of executive authorities, bypassing the democratic process of the House and the elected representatives of Canadians;
    This executive order would strip law-abiding Canadians it has approved through the RCMP Canada Firearms Program, of their legally purchased property;
    The use of an Order in Council ignores the Government’s survey on firearms where “the majority of respondents did not support further limiting access to firearms & assault-style firearms”;
    The proposed buyback of legal, licenced firearms could cost the Canadian taxpayer over $250,000,000 which could be better spent on initiatives that have an appreciable positive impact on public safety such as: deter youth from gangs, addiction treatment, mental health, strengthened border security, and increase police anti-gang capacities;

An Order in Council ban on “military-style assault rifles” would fail to take firearms away from criminals; and
    A ban would unfairly target Canadian firearms owners who are already among the most vetted in Canadian society. Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) and Restricted PAL (RPAL) holders are subject to daily screening and are statistically proven to be less likely to commit crimes than non-PAL & non-RPAL holders.
    We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to put any new firearms laws, bans, buyback programs or changes to licencing before the House of Commons to be debated.
    Any prohibition, of any firearm, should be of concern for any reasonable firearm owner. Heck, if general population would understand the implications of any prohibition, every citizen should be concerned.
    Last edited by dudu; 01-19-2020 at 09:12 PM.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Lets keep this alive!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Just over 89,000 signaturea in a month...be nice to cleanly clear 100,000!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

90,091 this morning.
    ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA

What number exactly is the goal? I know the higher the number the better, but what is the realistic goal that cannot be ignored?

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryF View Post
    What number exactly is the goal? I know the higher the number the better, but what is the realistic goal that cannot be ignored?
    I don't think even Jesus Himself at the head of an army of angels would pass the "cannot be ignored" test. IIRC 100K is the goal everybody's been talking about, but given the games the signature-counters down here play with selectively throwing 'em out or not to qualify things they like and DQ those they don't, and assuming yours are capable of the same bag of dirty tricks, I'd say you guys should probably aim for at least 110 to 120 thousand to have some "cushion" against rejected signatures, preferably 150.
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

CGN Regular
    92244 signatures now and over three weeks to go, we can do 150K. Get everyone you know to sign, even non gunnies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribooBC View Post
    92244 signatures now and over three weeks to go, we can do 150K. Get everyone you know to sign, even non gunnies.
    Like I said before, the focal point for non-firearms people should be the undemocratic use of an OIC.
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribooBC View Post
    92244 + 1

Just signed. Will forward to others.