Page 81 of 132 FirstFirst ... 6171737475767778798081828384858687888991101 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition e-2341: Demand Democratic Process on Liberals' Firearms Agenda

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Timoffee View Post
    Honest question.............

Do these e-petition actually have any significance or are we doing it just to feel better and say we did all we could.

Something tells me it won't amount to a hill of beans if presented in parliament, it will be a vote and the couple months of people signing will be a puff of smoke in mere seconds.
    Anything over 5000 signatures requires a response from parliament.

What that means? Who knows?

But for the effort, it doesn’t hurt. Especially when when it becomes the most signed petition in Canadian history. I’ve no doubt it will still be ignored, but ignoring such a message may at least send a clear message to the political fence-sitters.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Timoffee View Post
    Honest question.............

Do these e-petition actually have any significance or are we doing it just to feel better and say we did all we could.

Something tells me it won't amount to a hill of beans if presented in parliament, it will be a vote and the couple months of people signing will be a puff of smoke in mere seconds.
    110%

The liberals, turdeau and blair don't give 2 $hit$ about logic or facts, let alone what their constituents want. The liberal mandate is to DISARM the citizenry, full stop.

You can write letters and sign petitions until you're blue in the face, it doesn't matter, it's validity doesn't matter and it falls on deaf ears if it even makes it that far.

We (2.2 million Canadians) need to pull our ballz out and tell the government very f*ucking clearly that we will NOT stand for it, we will NOT comply with it and if they want a war, they're gonna get one.

And THAT is about all that's going to save your once legally owned private property.

IF the liberals succeed in disarming the citizenry, you and all will no longer be "citizens", we will be "subjects". And at that point.... there's NOTHING they can't take from you.

This is not about liberal vote-buying - this is a full leap into communism.

(And yes, I did sign the petition and all the others. But i know it doesn't mean $hit)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    125,440 now. Just 5012 to go. At this rate, we should break the record this afternoon.

However... am I the only one who’s a little skeptical with this sudden rush of signatures this last week? Anyone else weirded out with how it was really popular, then faded away then took off even faster than when it was first brought out? I’m worried there’s some little a**wipe in his mom’s basement who’s discovered a way to automate signatures, and the day the petition closes he’ll inform the media that the whole thing is worthless because he’s manipulated it so much...

Too much tin foil in my coffee this morning?
    A few days ago, Jim Shocky had the petition link along with hos feelings about Trudeau's gun ban on his Instagram and Facebook. Alot of hunters might have seen it and realised whats going on and signed it. The petition link has been passed around on the Wexit Facebook group too.

Quote Originally Posted by oilman28 View Post
    A few days ago, Jim Shocky had the petition link along with hos feelings about Trudeau's gun ban on his Instagram and Facebook. Alot of hunters might have seen it and realised whats going on and signed it. The petition link has been passed around on the Wexit Facebook group too.
    Also, there was that liberal MP that wrote a letter to the PM raising their constituent’s concerns and quoting the petition. A lot of news outlets ran stories on that “insubordination” and unwittingly spread the awareness of the petition.

I’m hoping these are the reasons for the spike. I’m just skeptical is all...
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Bill Blair has been saying for months that banning assault weapons & handguns was supported by many gun owners he's talked to, even suggested by gun owners.
    If this is the most supported e-petition, he may lighten up on that talking point.

It's also a warning about next election votes, particularly rural.

It will be mentioned in most news articles every time something new happens in Parliament about this.
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Actually, they are just lying about it.
    I can't decide.

On the one hand, they could have just made up a number, and that's entirely possible.

I feel at the outset they had a provisional list, with a rough estimate of the number of firearms, and a rough estimate of the approximate value per firearm. Thats the only way to really come up with a number as a starting point.

I suspect that their list will only grow, as its highly unlikely that they would review the list and actually remove certain firearms on second thought. While their numbers for registered restricted firearms should be fairly accurate, they have no concrete way of knowing how many unregistered restricted firearms, or Non-Restricted firearms would be subject to the ban, and so here there is a lot of room for massaging. Further, they have complete discretion in determining how much value they want to assign to each firearm. The recent experience in NZ should teach them that if they want any compliance at all, they are going to have to offer at least close to fair market value. I can't decide if they are setting the number low because they are going to deliberately under value firearms, or if because they are expecting compliance to be low, or both. Both the NZ and Australian buy backs came in at way under budget, and both countries touted that fact as a success, rather than an obvious signal of failure.

I am fairly certain that they are going to overreach significantly and probably capture sufficient quantities of firearms to put the true value of affected firearms well into the billions. I am also fairly certain they won't get anywhere near that number surrendered. On the balance, hundreds of millions might be about right. I just can't decide if that is by design, or by accident. I suspect its the broken clock syndrome, and they might be about right out of incompetence, not by design.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Actually, they are just lying about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    Bill Blair has been saying for months that banning assault weapons & handguns was supported by many gun owners he's talked to, even suggested by gun owners.
    If this is the most supported e-petition, he may lighten up on that talking point.

It's also a warning about next election votes, particularly rural.

It will be mentioned in most news articles every time something new happens in Parliament about this.
    To be more precise, Bliar was claiming that it was the BUYBACK, as opposed to grandfathering, that was suggested by gun owners. The informal poll I launched on the forum with over 400 respondents indicated less than 5% preferred a buy back scenario. I still think we should hit Bliar's office with an ATIP asking him to reveal any data, notes or correspondence he has to substantiate that claim. OF all of his false claims, this is one of the one's that offends me the most, because he is claiming to have listened to our community specifically, and is claiming to be responding to us and giving us what we have asked for. It seems pretty clear that no one in our community is particularly interested in forced compensation.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    Also, there was that liberal MP that wrote a letter to the PM raising their constituent’s concerns and quoting the petition. A lot of news outlets ran stories on that “insubordination” and unwittingly spread the awareness of the petition.

I’m hoping these are the reasons for the spike. I’m just skeptical is all...
    True. I am also hoping that this alleged 30,000 un validated signature business which some people have been circulating has cause alot of those folks to go back and check their junk mail to finalize their response. I'd love to see an update on where that number sits now.

Personally, I noticed a few days ago that NFLD was underrepresented as a % of license holders, and have been specifically reaching out to friends and family there to get them to circulate it as well. Quebec continues to be underrepresented, so if you speak french and have contacts in Quebec, there is a lot of ground work to be done there as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    I noticed a few days ago that NFLD was underrepresented as a % of license holders,

On the Discovery Channel, lots of Alaskan and Yukon hunters with semi-auto rifles.

BTW, attention Nunavut-ites : the bolt action "Tikka T3 Artic" may be deemed a military designed rifle.

2753 to go.