Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C UPDATE

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    I will not be dealing with or buying another Kodiak product again. Not when they play games like this. Sad this is happening in the Canadian gun industry screwing over partners like that...
    From the gun shop I spoke to they felt they were being screwed because they were not getting orders from Wolverine Supplies for months and people could buy them from directly from Wolverine and get them in days.

Lets not accuse anyone of anything till we actually know what is what

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    From the gun shop I spoke to they felt they were being screwed because they were not getting orders from Wolverine Supplies for months and people could buy them from directly from Wolverine and get them in days.

They (Kodiak) were marketing an updated version separately for a while partnering with North Sylva. Now I don't see anything about the updated version on their website so you know something stinks. Now Kodiak is saying they are going to continue making the WK180-c. K Def. was never a distributer so it would stand to reason that Wolverine was organizing their distribution to the public as it was Wolverines pet project. I knew it was going to go south when Kodiak started marketing their own design with another partner. This announcement is no surprise to me. Was just a matter of time.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Regular
    Funny because I waited about 15 months to get mine from Wolverine yet people were buying them same day from other gun shops. This is not to disparage Wolverine, they sent them out in the order they were ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post

This never happened. We shipped orders in chronological order. We had 6,000 rifles on order with Kodiak with well over half pre-paid! Let's be very clear here, we the distributor had to pre-pay the manufacture so they could produce rifles! This is not a normal industry practice. We were told in the beginning that production would be be 150 per week in a single shift and up to 300 in a double shift. In reality they averaged under 50 per week. We never had any inventory so no one could walk in the store and simply pick one up.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 12-20-2019 at 04:13 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Is there still going to be warranty/parts support for existing wk180c owners?
    That would suck if kodiak stops supporting the old (wolverine) version of the gun

CGN frequent flyer
    Sucks to see how Kodiak they jumped ship the second they could. I figured once the NSR showed up that this was coming.

For all you do wolverine, you didn't deserve this.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    I am sorry to hear that they treated you this way. Bringing this idea to market was without doubt a great deal of effort, and it sounds like they stabbed you in the back.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We shipped orders in chronological order. We had 6,000 rifles on order with Kodiak with well over half pre-paid! We were told in the beginning that production would be be 150 per week in a single shift and up to 300 in a double shift. In reality they averaged under 50 per week. We never had any inventory so no one could walk in the store and simply pick one up.
    I appreciate the response, honestly with all the ways this can be read by different parties and how easily a company's reputation can be tarnished I highly recommend putting out a full factual statement on your perspective otherwise the rumour mill will go mental.

Also I am curious as to what their current manufacture rate is and how many of these things have been made.

I have no idea what that actual story is here, but it is completely possible to have a failed business venture without any immoral behavior. Mr. Wolverine, this thread is going to incite a lot of speculation, is there anything more specific that can be said?
    The hottest thing since wheels on a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by QYV View Post
    I have no idea what that actual story is here, but it is completely possible to have a failed business venture without any immoral behavior. Mr. Wolverine, this thread is going to incite a lot of speculation, is there anything more specific that can be said?
    Yes, I could write a book on it, maybe one day I will but not write now, I just feel sick that at time when we need unity in our industry we are put in this position.

I have learnt many lessons over the years, most of them the hard way. I have found that there are some men with honour and integrity and others who not even understand their meaning.

People can speculate all they want but I will continue to walk with my head held high.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast