and i was thinking of buying one

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    and i was thinking of buying one
    Given the circumstances you'll probably need to anyway

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    Kodiak Defense website:

Kodiak Defence Inc. has severed our working relationship with Wolverine Supplies Ltd. and will no longer be using them to distribute our products, namely the WK180C. When we designed and built the first WK180C, we were excited to work with Wolverine Supplies. Their retail and distribution network helped to get a quality rifle into the hands of many Canadians. Unfortunately, this cannot continue. Our working relationship was not one that satisfied either one of us and it is time that we go our separate ways.

We understand that there are many customers who have placed pre-orders with retailers, including with Wolverine Supplies. Wolverine has informed us that they will be contacting their customers in the coming days to advise them that their deposits will be refunded. To those who were patiently waiting their turn in line with Wolverine, we apologise that you have been caught up in this. We have had neither control nor visibility of the waiting list (that’s not a criticism; it just wasn’t in our purview) and are unable to provide any information about it, besides what we were told.

We will continue to produce the WK180C and have begun working with another distributor based in Toronto (North Sylva). We remain excited to be making the most popular Canadian rifle on the market and nothing about its production is changing, apart from how they end up in your friendly neighbourhood gun store. As a manufacturer, we typically do not sell to the public. Our new distributor also does not sell directly, but you will still see WK180Cs on the shelves and the webpages of your favourite retailers. We have been producing rifles steadily and, absent a short break next week for Christmas, will continue to do so until everyone who wants a WK180C in their hands has one.

We hope that you enjoy the holidays and we wish all our customers a very merry Christmas.

President

Kodiak Defence Inc.

Great so NS will try selling these for 1500? Are they doing the MX10 thing again. F@ck. Wolverine stands behind their products..... NS ... well...
    thanks gutinater for posting this

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    This type of bs is why the gun industry will fail. Customers and industry need to be unified and yet we are so divided. I'm investing in a Modern Sporter by Atrs.

I got mine last week, only fired the first of 6 of 30 shots on my breakin.
    "Gun Control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun."Sammy "The Bull" Gravano

CGN Regular
    Wow Kodiak, that's arms

The thing that strikes me was that wolverine had to pay for the rifles before they were even produced... Tens of thousands of dollars sent to the manufacturer that didn't produce the promised rifles. Yes, maybe wolverine gets it back, but as he said, that ain't normal, and because wolverine is a retailer, a lot of assets are tied up in stock. Expecting that kind of prepayment is messed up.

I despise the fact that stupid drama and refusal to take responsibility screws over the Canadian firearm production industry.
    I'm not sure where that leaves me, since I want to be in that industry.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingult View Post
    The thing that strikes me was that wolverine had to pay for the rifles before they were even produced... Tens of thousands of dollars sent to the manufacturer that didn't produce the promised rifles. Yes, maybe wolverine gets it back, but as he said, that ain't normal, and because wolverine is a retailer, a lot of assets are tied up in stock. Expecting that kind of prepayment is messed up.

I despise the fact that stupid drama and refusal to take responsibility screws over the Canadian firearm production industry.
    I'm not sure where that leaves me, since I want to be in that industry.
    Even if John put up 500$ per rifle to produce as a lowball...

its $3,000,000 if 6000 units was the starting number... if John paid more it goes up from there....
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

CGN Regular
    The early wk180 was terrible. My family bought 3 of them on pre order and not gonna lie it was the biggest disappointment I've ever had. Each one back for warranty multiple times. Kodiak blaming the user and hundreds of dollars lost in shipping. I will never buy another product they make. Wolverine you guys are great. It may be a blessing ya cut ties with them.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 6ohmoney View Post
    The early wk180 was terrible. My family bought 3 of them on pre order and not gonna lie it was the biggest disappointment I've ever had. Each one back for warranty multiple times. Kodiak blaming the user and hundreds of dollars lost in shipping. I will never buy another product they make. Wolverine you guys are great. It may be a blessing ya cut ties with them.
    Makes me happy I waited 15 months then. Mines been good so far. Serial number beyond the recall(s)....