Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I Run Guns, Customer feed back.

Preordered non restricted CZ Evo3, plus extra mags.
    Since the entire project went late, they decided to test out their new laser engraver and laser on a disgusting scorpion logo on each of my new magazines, free of charge! Without asking... looked like garbage.
    When I called to ask for replacement mags, they said each magazine would have cost $25 extra to engrave like that! I should appreciate the free bonus. I didn’t, it looked like hell. They offered to replace if I cover shipping charges. I said no, since I never asked for any of this. This is 100% on them. They said they couldn’t afford to cover the shipping and thats as far as they were willing to go.
    Will never give them another penny! Be aware, stay away.

i'd buy from I-runguns. they've been around for a while, and are very trustworthy from all I see around here.
    "an armed society, is a polite society"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Used them twice. All went smooth.
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

I Highly recommend IRG 100% !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    I have bought from IRG many times.

Guns, magazines, stocks, barrels, you name it.
    They have a selection of items that is unmatched by any Canadian retailer.

As far as prices are concerned;
    Their advertised prices always sound insanely cheap.
    But after you factor in currency exchange and shipping, the price becomes much closer to Canadian retail prices.
    Not a rip-off by any means. But not so insanely cheap as it might first appear.

My experience buying from them was excellent. Looked after everything; kept me apprised each step via email, delivered quickly considering it was imported. Most important: they answered my stupid questions within 24 hours.
    "There is always another way." - Kwai Chang Caine

“The trouble with practical jokes is that they often get elected.” - Will Rogers

I have had nothing but outstanding service from I Run Guns for the orders I have made.
    A salute to our troops as I was an active reservist!

Do your home work and IRG's will probably save you quite a bit of money. Things to be aware of:

1) Items are listed in USD.

2) It's $25 USD just to have the firearm shipped from their US warehouse to their Canadian warehouse. You must pay additional shipping fees from their Canadian warehouse to your home. Their in country shipping rates are ridiculous. They blame Canada Post but several other retailers ship for free or at a reduced flat rate, apparently this isn't possible for IRG's. I guess nothing's perfect, lol.

3) Your credit card will probably charge a currency conversion fee of 2%-3%. Look for a credit card which doesn't charge a foreign currency conversion fee to save more.

4) Only 5% tax is applied to your order.

5) They have an import cutoff date, which is usually the 15th of each month. If ordered before the cutoff date your order should arrive at their Canadian warehouse at the beginning of the following month. If you order after the 15th your order will not arrive for nearly 2 months. I ordered something on the 14th once and they used "pending US paperwork" as an excuse to cover up a missed import opportunity so your mileage may vary with the cutoff policy.
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 12-23-2019 at 12:46 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    Do your home work and IRG's will probably save you quite a bit of money. Things to be aware of:

1) Items are listed in USD.

2) It's $25 USD just to have the firearm shipped from their US warehouse to their Canadian warehouse. You must pay additional shipping fees from their Canadian warehouse to your home. Their in country shipping rates are ridiculous. They blame Canada Post but several other retailers ship for free or at a reduced flat rate, apparently this isn't possible for IRG's. I guess nothing's perfect, lol.

3) Your credit card will probably charge a currency conversion fee of 2%-3%. Look for a credit card which doesn't charge a foreign currency conversion fee to save more.

3) Only 5% tax is applied to your order.
    ^^That's pretty much it. Just make the calculations before you buy. I saved almost a grand on a single order (2300$ instead of 3300$ at canadian retailers). On some items you won't save much (CZ pistols for example are more expensive through IRG than from canadian retailers).

Also make sure to tell them you don't want any of your stuff engraved. For some reason, ever since they got their laser engraver, they go nut about it and engrave ugly crap on the stuff they sell sometimes. Some people seem to think it's cool to have a US flag or Trump's ugly face on their magazine; I don't.

Also, keep in mind you pretty much don't have any warranty if you buy from IRG. In my case it was still totall worth it, almost 30% saving (no gun has a 30% failure rate), and warranty on guns bought from canadian retailers is mostly crap anyway.

And yeah, their shipping from their warehouse is boinker. They charged 70$ to ship a pistol. I paid 18$ to ship it when I sold it. They're not alone in this though, NS charged me 50$ to send me back a gun after servicing it; it had costed me 12$ to send it to them. Just make sure that the bottom line of the bill is at a large discount compared to buying canadian and you're good to go.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ganderite's Avatar
    Excellent service. They place a report with government once every 3 months, listing everything they will import. Depending on when you place your order, it could be a long wait.

I have had excellent pricing and service.
    -- Learn by the experience of others.... you won't live long enough to make all the mistakes yourself.
    -- The fool mistakes his world for the world.
    -- Doubt is uncomfortable but certainty is ridiculous.