Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Petawawa GC and TacticalTeacher 2020 Season Series - DATES Posted...

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiman View Post
    Are the cqb match dates out anywhere?
    The CQB Matches are hosted by the ORA out of Langemark, Base Borden, ON. They will be posted out by the MD dink27 (Andrew) once he gets the green light from the ORA Executive.

Now for those brilliant minds out there.... have a look at the 2016/2017/2018/2019 CQB Calendars/Seasons over in the Service Rifle Competition forums.

(Voice of the teacher here.....). What have you noticed about the matches? Are they run on Saturdays or Sundays?

Look for the pattern here. Trust me....we MD’s try to keep what’s working; working!

What weekend of the month are the CQB matches run? I’m deliberately being cryptic here for a reason. That way them naysayers all over the Innernet won’t blame me for fzcking up their season by posting wrong/misleading/misread match dates. I can only post my own dates because I don’t have to deal with layers of meetings. There are 3 people who decide my PR or Garrison Petawawa dates: Me, myself, and I. That’s who. Ha ha ha ha

I’m blessed to have less/fewer layers of decision making. I often get questions like: Why can’t we book a CQB clinic closer to Markham/Hamilton/ Ancaster/ Thornhill/ Orleans/Vanier?

Hey last fall, at the Meaford LRSC, I was asked to consider more PR events closer to Newmarket, ON. I almost lost/loosed my coffee.

Booking ranges requires the support of many influential hosts and a whole shzt tonne of kindness out there. Where do I begin? It’s an uphill battle to obtain support for said events. I shoot Trap on my winter weekends, and I cannot help but observe the established circuits/ranges/fields/populations of shooters/proximities that these disciplines have created over the generations.... Along comes CQB/PRS, you get the drift of this conversation.....

Anyways, I hope this enlightens things... the calendar schedule will come out as soon as we minions are told!

Cheers, Barney

Business Member
    And now for something on the lighter side.....

I am getting old/older/oldest and I cannot recall when these PRS shooters (whom I did not know/recognize/nor remember) approached me at the registration table on Base Meaford LRSC QM room. They were excited to show me their new Accuracy International AX with freshly installed Krieger/Benchmark /Shilen/Bartlein barrels in 6mm/6.5 CM/ 7.62 CM/ 6.5 x Exotic Shzt calibers outside the AI usual .308 setup. They must have all got a good deal on their Schmidt & Bender glass. Hmm... maybe they were sponsored without Wolverine Supplies telling me.

I asked them if they were zeroed for the coming match challenge and they declared that “Bore Sighting” at the dealer is gonna work for them. Again, almost lost/loosed my coffee....

Then I asked how come these guys have never been near my matches in Garrison Petawawa.... They said, “What PR Matches?”

I never saw them again after Saturday when their squad came through my station.... They left that night....

People with lots of $$ can/will/may/try to play above their skill levels.

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 02-14-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Ok. Thanks very much Barney. Looking forward to doing a few of these. Your intro course was a blast.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123