Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petawawa GC and TacticalTeacher 2020 Season Series - DATES Posted...

Business Member

Petawawa GC and TacticalTeacher 2020 Season Series - DATES Posted...

True to form I’m gonna have my dates out by Christmas 2019 this year and here we are down to the wire. It’s been another fantastic season with the business (my accountants call my business a “joke” and so does my wife since I’m not rolling in $$. That was never the plan.... ha ha ha ha

Now for you Garrisson Petawawa Shooting Community Fans, Ryan_Mcle and Rickster66 will also be having events for all of you PR/PRS/CRPS shooters. It’s just you have to jump on Facebook and see their sites and obtain their dates. We are all very busy Match Directors. Speaking of Match Directors, The ORA MD is Diesel_62 or something like that.

Well we have sat down this November and tried our best to “deconflict” our dates between the PR events in Garrison Petawawa and CFB Borden’s Mons Range. So presently we might or “Big Might” have only ONE single conflict and that’s a miracle these days.

Remember that I’ve got to work with ChalkRiver2’s work schedule as well. I selected many dates to allow his presence/participation at the PRS / CRPS events since I can run Bravo Range without his kind attendance. This means he can take a break/go to work while I run the range with the help of excellent PGC members like John@ and Redlight35. Without their help, none of these events would ever happen. I am grateful and humbled by their efforts! I could not accomplish any of these tasks without said participation. Warmest thanks!

Let’s get the dates out now....

18-19 April PR1 Covid Cancelled

30-31 May PR2 Covid Cancelled

20-21 Jun PR3 Hopefully NO Covid Cancellations..... Stay tuned

11-12 Jul PR4

15-16 Aug PR5

30 ish Aug - 06 ish Sep NSCC by DCRA.ca in Connaught Ranges, Ottawa

12 - 13 September Meaford LRSC

19-20 Sep PR6

24-25 Oct PR7

CQB Clinic:

The CQB Clinics are designed to get you started (possibly become an expert ) into the local CQB Matches hosted by expert match directors like dink27 who is the MD for the ORA Matches at Base Borden on Langemark Range.

This coming season for 2020, the ORA is planning a CQB clinic sometime in April, and I am encouraging my clients/students to support this venture. Unless another host club in Southern or SW Ontario can host me...

I have received marvellous feedback from PR shooters about these weekends. Many people have confessed that these weekends have been their saving grace from going crazy at said workplaces. I am honoured to be cranking these out. This season I have 7 of them for many/all/some of you to look forward to. Same routine/plan/schedule/timings/gatherings/restaurants/dinners. Nothing much has changed so you folks know what to anticipate; a simple weekend getaway of good shooting, good training, laughter, and friendly chirping/banter down in the target butts. For all this, I am honoured. Thank you!!

Just for the newbies, a video of what you can expect at my CQB clinics!

Much thanks for AB CQB shooter adriel.....

PR - Precision Rifle Weekends

Now about those PR Weekends, we have had several seasons running these events and we have experienced great fun....

I can safely say that we’ve been running this format for 3 seasons and it’s worked out really well. Especially the prize table with its very inexpensive prizes. I remind people if they are shooting matches JUST for the prizes, then the Meaford LRSC in September is their match (too bad it only happens once a year).

These match weekends will consist of the Saturday Zeroing "walk back". We start by confirming zeroes at 100m/yd and then walk back to 600m/yd. By the end of the Saturday practice, you will obtain your DOPE (data obtained from previous experience) for your rig, load, bullet, settings, etc, etc, etc. Where else can you get that known distance shooting established all in one day?

On the Sunday, we will shoot these matches, found in the www.dcra.ca course of fire / rulebook.... you can download the rulebook at the DCRA site!

200 m/yd Rapid Follow Up
    300 m/yd Agony Snap
    500 m/yd Snap commonly called "Targets of Opportunity"
    600 m/yd Deliberate commonly called "One shot, one kill"

Oh yeah, that's all found in the DCRA NSCC rule book! I did not make them up!

So start marking your calendars and reloading some booolits for the coming season.

Cheers

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 05-28-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Thank you Barney, you’re like an early Santa Claus. Penciling in dates now. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

V-IV

CGN Regular William_mississauga's Avatar
    Thank, looking forward to trying

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by William_mississauga View Post
    Thank, looking forward to trying
    William-Mississauga:

You have a $60 credit with me still. Once I get the posts up for individual events we can move forward from here/there/everywhere.... LOL

Cheers, Barney

Merry Christmas Barney. Good Lord willin', we'll see ya next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Fully aware I'm Living the Dream.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Lots of dates this year for PR!
    I’ll try to clock at least 3 in for 2020, and will work on bringing new guys into the fun!

God bless you, Barney, men like you are few and far between.

Tagged for interest

Shoot straight - chrisco
    There is no spoon

Have the caliber restrictions been lifted?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamg_55 View Post
    Have the caliber restrictions been lifted?
    Sorry no, 5.56, 308 cal, 303, 7.62x39 and 338 Lapua are the only rifle calibres allowed here on Base. If anyone wants to bring a restricted firearm they will need a letter of invitation from me and then contact the CFO to get a short term ATT for that weekend.I can send some maps and general info as well.
    Cheers Morgan
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast