Thread: Crown land near south Alberta?

Crown land near south Alberta?

To be specific, south of Calgary - in the Pincher Creek/Lethbridge area. I came across this map https://mdpinchercreek.ab.ca/getFileByName/MD2014MapWebSitePathFiveSMALL.pdf and please correct me if I'm wrong but I assume I'm allowed to take my firearm to the green "crown land" zone and discharge as much as I'd like without giving anyone a prior notice, well within the boundary and away from the main road, given I use a safe backdrop and clean up after myself.

Thanks for any input

get the latest updated may in case the urban boundaries have changed and then ask them - i would suppose you could use that for shooting

If you venture as far south as the Castle Parks, a firearms discharge permit is required. Not sure how that would go over outside of hunting season.

North of Highway 3, the green zone is pretty open.
    It's true, I never rode like Casy Tibbs. But Mister, he never landed like me.

Porcupine Hills PLUZ is reasonably local to the area you describe. You can shoot there without gaining any permission. As a responsible firearms owner you shouldn't have any trouble!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer migrant hunter's Avatar
    I recommend the Alberta ihunter app for your phone. It will show you exactly where you are in relation to crown/private land.

I second the Ihunter app. IT has all the information you will need.