Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig sauer cross bolt action rifle

I agree. I'm looking forward to when/if this systems makes it's way up here.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    ^^^^^ What he said! I very much desire the Cross in 6.5 CM with the anodized camo finish. Knowing our luck however, the RCMP lab may determine the Cross's one-piece Receiver to be a variant of the MCX, which is in turn a variant of the AR15. It may be prohib on those grounds alone, so watch and shoot!

Was that suppose to be a joke? Don't forget 3 RCMP officers were killed in Moncton and no one called for a ban on the M14/ M305, no better yet no police agencies ever publicly called for a ban or restriction on firearms

Pretty sure that was a joke... breath.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I am actually more excited by the .277 Sig Fury, which is essentially the commercial version of SIG's 6.8 ammo submission to the NGSW. SIG doesn't even pause.

Thanks to the US government and SIG, we finally have the chance to move away from the same old brass case ammo perimeter.

The hybrid cased .277 Sig Fury actually is the most interesting part of the package. 3000 fps out of a 16" bbl in 135gr. I can see that it will be a very potent 16" SASS cartridge in the commercial world.

If SIG can mass produce the .277 Fury ammo and sell them at the same price as the 308, we will have a game changing winner. And I think they will.

I’m in the same boat. 3k from a 16” barrel,,,,,, I’m in. Lol

Uber Super GunNutz DANCESWITHEMPTIES's Avatar
    Very interesting rifle & tagged for interest. The Sig Fury is definitely something I'll be watching. Just a little cautious about pressure & throat erosion of the barrel... The 6.5 Creedmoor is harder on barrels than a .308, but is it a problem for most? Just wondering what kind of life you'd see out a Fury barrel? Is it a barrel that will need replacement after 2000 rounds?...
    The key to accuracy is to shoot first & call whatever you hit the target...

If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made by prolonging the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but if it isn't made by H&K, it ain't sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by DANCESWITHEMPTIES View Post
    Very interesting rifle & tagged for interest. The Sig Fury is definitely something I'll be watching. Just a little cautious about pressure & throat erosion of the barrel... The 6.5 Creedmoor is harder on barrels than a .308, but is it a problem for most? Just wondering what kind of life you'd see out a Fury barrel? Is it a barrel that will need replacement after 2000 rounds?...
    Not sure the Cross will have the same technology applied in the NGSW.

This cartridge is used in SIG's submission for NGSW that includes automatic rifle, but their version is basically a belt fed light machine gun. According to SIG, they have the barrel surface treatment technology that will meet that requirement.

If they can make it work in a belt fed LMG, they definitely have the means to make this work beyond 2000 rounds.

Personally, I can't wait til they release the .277 Fury MCX SASS! The 13" version of is clocking at 2850, same speed as the M4 pushing the 62 gr pill!

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Uber Super GunNutz DANCESWITHEMPTIES's Avatar
    I mean if the Fury is used strictly as a hunting gun, then the rifle probably wouldn't see anything close to 2000 rounds in it's lifetime. But as a range rifle 2000 rounds is nothing... This, of course, is just a round count I picked out of thin air. And I agree if they are using it in a LMG they obviously got that problem figured out. Now I wonder if it's applied to this rifle? Definitely a cool rifle regardless; & I hope they keep the option of full length rail (back up iron sights a big plus) & dust cover on it.
    The key to accuracy is to shoot first & call whatever you hit the target...

If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made by prolonging the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but if it isn't made by H&K, it ain't sh*t.

I’m diggin the dust cover, I wouldn’t mind one
    If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
    Dalai Lama XIV

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Oh sweet!!! I could see myself behind one of those for a long range coyote rifle. A .243 would be awesome.
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” G. Michael Hopf

I’m buying one in .277 soon as I can . I’ve been debating the mpr but after bartok toasted his barrel buy shooting more than one round every 5 min it was a hard no . Looking forward to this guy coming to market