Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Sig sauer cross bolt action rifle

And no more problem for the Fury OAL too.
    I am waiting mine in .308 and will be in for a .277
    Extra barrel soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    The Sig Sauer Cross is here in .308. It has been measured, checked and verified. It is NON RESTRICTED. We are awaiting the correct FRT#.
    Great news. Now I need to sell some more stuff. LOL
    Blygy

Time wounds all heels... R.A.H.
    TANSTAAFL

can anybody say if the camo model has the ejection port cover on it as seen in the pics

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    The Sig Sauer Cross is here in .308. It has been measured, checked and verified. It is NON RESTRICTED. We are awaiting the correct FRT#.
    How many are "here" ?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by keith mokry View Post
    can anybody say if the camo model has the ejection port cover on it as seen in the pics
    None of the models have a ejection port cover. It was only on prorotypes models.

CGN Regular
    So they are changing the FRT? It appears to be classified as restricted here… FRT # 196719
    https://www.armalytics.ca/?q=sig%20cross&size=n_10_n

I can imagine how long a reclassification is going to take, as it took them a year the first time.

I expect that M.D. have set before with the lab for what they will accept. Than ... inside the frt files of the Cross we should find a new line of " adaptation commerciale à l'usager " with a new OAL and a note on requied extension instaled between the hinge an the recever .
    For the delay they spend at the lab .... it depend on political ..... How libéral ar them....

does it have a spacer at the stock or muzzle device?

I expect it was the spacer at the stock.
    For mine dont want a muzzle device welded to a fine quality barrel. And I want the recever to be ok for a .277Fury barrel at fall.

Well, I decided to take the plunge on a black 6.5CM instead of waiting for who knows how long before the "Cypher" Camo versions come to the Canadian market. I took a look at Gunbroker and found it interesting that there are literally NO camo versions of the Cross rifle for sale on the aucion site. Makes me wonder if they are even in production? Who knows, and the answer is now irrelevant to me...

Based on everything other than live-firing for accuracy, I am very impressed with the Cross thus far. My closest direct-comparable is a Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle (MPR) rebarrelled with a Hardy Engineering Carbon-Fibre-wrapped Barrel in 6.5 CM. The weight savings that the MPR achieves with its carbon-fibre Barrel and Handguard are obtained on the Cross by using a shorter Barrel and a unique integrated Receiver system (rather than a separate Receiver and Chassis). Other than that, the two rifles are very similar in overall design and intent. When all is said and done, Accuracy aside (yet to be determined), I find the SIG shorter and handier with a very ergonomic Bolt-Handle design and an AR-style Safety Switch. The SIG also features truly tool-less adjustment of the Buttstock LOP, Comb Height, Recoil Pad Height and Angle, whereas the MPR requires a screwdriver to "set and forget" the adjustments for a single shooter. Both rifles feature a very slick bolt-throw, although I prefer the SIG Bolt-Handle design over the MPR's more conventional straight profile. The Christensen MPR features an excellent adjustable trigger which results in a somewhat lighter and crisper let-off than the SIG's adjustable trigger is able to muster. Still, the Cross's Trigger design (with its finger-index engraving) and function are realy quite good and befitting of a precision Hunting rifle. Both folding buttstocks lock up tighty with zero wobble or play, providing a rock-solid and stable arrangement.

My set-up is as follows:

- Vortex Razor AMG 6-24x 50mm Lightweight Scope in ATRS Low Rings with Vortex Low-Profile Level and Burris FF3 Red-Dot
    - Griffin Armament Flash-Comp
    - B+T Atlas PSR Bipod
    - Magul Vertical Foregrip
    - BCM Front Sling Attachment Point
    - ERGO Deluxe Tactical Pistol Grip

Last edited by Bartok5; 06-08-2021 at 06:07 PM.
    Mark C