Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Sig sauer cross bolt action rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual.Chris View Post
    The fact is, they are restricted according to the recently updated FRT... https://www.armalytics.ca/?q=sig%20cross&size=n_10_n
    The page says non-restricted??
    Member, CSSA, NFA, NRA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Death by 1000 cuts. I for some reason doubt they made a different gun for the .308 and .277 caliber, so what are they restricted by caliber now ?
    The 308 and 277 are sold with shorter barrels putting the length when folded under the minimum to still be non restricted. A possibility would be to bring them in with a muzzle device that puts the OAL over.

Quote Originally Posted by bukwild View Post
    The page says non-restricted??
    Check the dropdown. They are non restricted if the barrel is long enough.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    The 308 and 277 are sold with shorter barrels putting the length when folded under the minimum to still be non restricted. A possibility would be to bring them in with a muzzle device that puts the OAL over.

Thanks for clarifying, honestly I assumed these would be the same as the Christensen MPR with a 16” barrel, but now that you mention it the MPR does come with a muzzle brake on it, maybe that’s the difference.

No ... just a sandwich plastic device on the stock that when it was folded, protude for one inch at the rear making the rifle longer. This part could be à sling holder qd or someting usefull . Pretending it can be remoove by the owner is like saying that nobody is able to saw off an old shotgun.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post

I suspect it’s moot now. They are in the FRT as restricted and adding something to make it longer isn’t going to get the FRT changed. I suspect it would require a new model, the RCMP have another look at it, and another year wait to add a new entry to the FRT. The market probably isn’t big enough for Sig or any importer to bother with.

Anyone that wants the Cross should just get the 6.5.

All these points are valid ones and a very interesting conversation to be had...but I'm flabbergasted that MD is not commenting on this! How about a sitrep, just give us the situation and what is being done to address the issue...nothing more, nothing less!

CGN Regular
    Sadly, the restricted status could have easily been mitigated pre import, but no such effort was made. A simple thread on muzzle brake ( which has been mentioned well over a year ago) would have solved this problem before it became a problem.
    Thankfully I saw the $hit storm ahead of time and secured a 6.5 without issue. Safely sitting in the vault waiting for me to get home

Since the restricted status is based solely on the OAL, is it still possible for MD Charlton to import one with a OAL over the minimum and have it added to the FRT database as non-restricted? This option would allow for two FRT entries that were different depending on the firearm OAL.

a muzzle break wont change the classification unless it's an integral part of the barrel.

I've spoken to MD and they are working on a non restricted 308. They only have the 6.5CR and requested FRT for that.
    RCMP filled in the gaps and created the restricted FRT based on 16inch barrel OAL.

CGN Regular
    So at least another year to go unless you get it in 6.5