Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig sauer cross bolt action rifle

I think people are failing to realize we are talking about overall length on a manual action firearm.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by 220 View Post
    If stock is folded and with a 16 in barrel it is below overall length, so would be restricted now years ago the M1 carbine was restricted so some body started threading barrels and putting extensions on and welding them which RCMP said was ok for awhile until some higher up said it was not ok
    The gun had to have a longer barrel when folded to be NR!
    Dude, youre out of your element here. And incredibly incorrect. You can NOT add a muzzle device to increase your BARREL LENGTH. You CAN add a muzzle device to increase the OVERALL LENGTH of a firearm. In the case of a manual action rifle that is say, 23 inches overall length you can add a muzzle device to increase the length to non restricted overall length requirements as long as the rifle is not semi automatic with a barrel length shorter than 18.6 inches.

CGN frequent flyer
    No maybe you are missing point!
    At anytime that muzzle device to lengthen to NR can be taken off in courts eyes
    Same as being drunk in your car with keys in ignition , if you remove keys and they are not in your possession your are not considered drunk driving!
    You can assume you have same ability to remove muzzle device rendering it restricted

Same as being drunk in your car with keys in ignition , if you remove keys and they are not in your possession your are not considered drunk driving!
    You can assume you have same ability to remove muzzle device rendering it restricted
    Nope... totally wrong, but good try.
    We’ve established you’ve read the rules.
    Maybe try re-reading and understanding them

There are multiple reasons why something becomes restricted.
    1 is barrel length... *IF* it is a SEMI AUTO.
    The rule behind this is ADDITIONS do NOT count to the length.

Being that the rifle in question is a MANUAL action, the barrel length rule does NOT apply.
    The rule that DOES apply is the OVERALL length rule... in which additions DO apply to the measured length.

Thank you, come again.

Since you seem to think ‘additions’ don’t count.

Is a buffer tube not an addition?

The law specifies telescoping stocks... So even it agrees it is.
    It says at the smallest collapsed state, it is measured for the OAL.

What prevents me from spinning the tube off and being under the OAL.
    Same amount of tools, if not less, required to do that than with a muzzle brake.

While our laws are absolutely stupid and rediculous - you don’t have to make them worse by applying your own non-logic to them.

Read them as they are written, and follow them as written. There are some ‘loopholes’ to our advantage of poorly written laws - but they are drowned by more stupid laws from zero logic.

This is not a loophole, it’s just reading comprehension

Super GunNutz
    Youre trying really hard to be right... but its not working. You need to properly educate yourself in the laws and regs with firearms dude.

BANNED
    Yup. It's only barrel length laws that you cannot use a muzzle device to increase the length. Anything an be used to increase overall length.

CGN Regular
    I’ve put my order in! I can’t wait to get this new rifle and run it through its paces!

Should I put a Sig optic on it??

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    I’ve put my order in! I can’t wait to get this new rifle and run it through its paces!

How? I haven't seen a pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post

Where did you order from???