Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year 2020! Norinco 1897 Trench gun Back in Stock! Only 299

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    So we have two varieties of stocks so far:
    - beaver barf,
    - hardwood.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum08 View Post
    This video is horrible i dont buy one because of this video
    It's also pretty funny IMO - especially in the context of selling it here.
    If You pay attention however, you'll notice that the "test" started with some screws missing already.
    Whoever owned it before, didn't really took care of that shotgun.
    Like with anything Norinco - it's a hit or miss I guess.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Beaver barf is a good stable product..This MDF stuff usually won't crack or split and will probably survive the life of the rifle
    But if it gets wet ..it turns to MUSH

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well.. starting to have some buyers remorse now
    All I'm doing is working the well lubed action and its starting to get tight and lock up
    Had a small pin screw fall out onto the kitchen floor..now if its falling apart before even shooting???
    Out in the field this tiny screw would have been lost forever????

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Well.. starting to have some buyers remorse now
    All I'm doing is working the well lubed action and its starting to get tight and lock up
    Had a small pin screw fall out onto the kitchen floor..now if its falling apart before even shooting???
    Out in the field this tiny screw would have been lost forever????
    Can't blame You. Sounds like a magnetic rug may be needed.

Anyone here experienced enough with this shotgun can post a quick video on what screws to fully tight down and which to tighten down part way?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    [youtube]MlpoJ6uvoAo[/youtube]
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

As far as the screws are concerned the only screw that isn't turned all the way in is the trigger over travel screw. I took mine completely apart and cleaned all the grease off every single part. Most of the screws in the gun were loose to begin with, to the point of falling out. I just cleaned the whole gun then reinstalled all the screws with blue locktite. I also noticed that there is no lock washer included on the stock bolt, not a big deal. There were a few burrs on the carrier and rails inside the receiver. I smoothed them all out. After reassembly and oiling it's still a little gritty but 10 times better than before. I'd recommend blue locktite on every screw. Also the stock on mine appears to be something similar to maple, the forend wood is something pretty cheap, seems like it might be some kind of plywood laminate. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is when I pumped it for the first time there was an empty hull ejected from the chamber. Anyone else have the same? I assume it was from test firing. All in all I believe for the price these are a good deal for the person that will take the time to clean them properly and deburr the rough spots.

Yes they can slam fire

I forgot to mention, the screws that you don't tighten all the way would be the hammer mainspring tension screw and the magazine tube screw at the end. Aside from those the rest should be snugged up.