Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year 2020! Norinco 1897 Trench gun Back in Stock! Only 299

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I'm on the fence.

Do I want one of these?
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    I'm on the fence.

Do I want one of these?
    It is 299+tax piece of clay (or other substance), which you mix with elbow grease and blue loctite. Do not forget to sprinkle a little bit of TLC on top.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I'm running out of room untill I can clean up/reorganize my room. So I'm thinking long and hard about another addition.

Thanx Falcorn.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    If you want something that will run out of the box, Norinco 1897 may not be the best choice. I calculated the cost of professional service into the total price of purchasing one to make it smoother and run better.
    Here are some of the pictures:

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

Mine came today. Hammer sticking out of the box so I knew what is was!
    One small dent on the bottom of the pistol grip portion of the stock but otherwise it's as good as a $300 shotgun is going to get. The stock is real wood and its not bad looking. Bluing seems even and is has that typical norc machining which reminds me of Russian surplus.
    Seems to cycle just fine. I think I will snug the screws up as suggested after I figure out which ones to tighten and which to leave alone.
    For $300 I'm pleased. I also have the Marstar version as well with the removable choke and padded butt stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    For comparison - the wood on my Norinco SKS (I did some magic treatment on it to bring out the grain that was very plain and light). It's Catalpa wood.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

CGN Regular
    Very nice.

CGN Regular
    I just got mine today. It does indeed show up in a plastic bag bouncing around in the box but, I'm happy to say no damage. The wood for mine appears to be the same as Nestor's but, Nestor has a much nicer forend. Some of the grooves on my forend appear to have been done by a grade 8 shop class on take your kid to work day, with inconsistent depth, appearance etc but, what are you gonna do. I do dislike the laser engraving all over the place but the Chinese have been doing this for some time.

I will loctite/tighten some screws, run a bunch through it and I'm sure in the end, I've spent $300 on things that will bring me much less joy. Durham was really good to deal with and they got it out quickly, the only reason mine is later than some is because I'm north of 60.

Thanks and I'm sure to enjoy it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Has anyone actually slam fired their 1897's ?? In the field with live ammo? I'm a while off from getting out...
    John Browning made the 1897 Not to slam fire where as the 1893 will??

I read that apparently Aguila minishells work fairly well in these. Anyone try?