Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year 2020! Norinco 1897 Trench gun Back in Stock! Only 299

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    I think that these shells will go nicely with the shotgun

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My gun is starting to loosen up and also figuring out some of the glitches with the gun.. So getting there.
    I might put a drop of crazy glue on the heads of the cartridge stop bolts/pins

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Has anyone actually slam fired their 1897's ?? In the field with live ammo? I'm a while off from getting out...
    John Browning made the 1897 Not to slam fire where as the 1893 will??
    I did earlier today, slam fires same as my marstar cimmaron
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    I did earlier today, slam fires same as my marstar cimmaron
    Thanks.. That is good to know

Arrived today in good order. Was nicely wrapped in bubble wrap. Excellent shape and build quality for the price with real hardwood stock!
    I was ecstatic that I got a steel ammo can of slugs instead of buckshot as I already have lots of buckshot.

Thank you Durham Outdoors!

CGN Regular
    Got mine over weekend. Gun looks nice but doesn't cycle at all. Tore it apart - not a single screw was tight. Pull trigger guard out - the receiver edges are sharper than my kitchen knifes. There is a small set screw under trigger - book says this screw sets timing. On my gun this screw was barely in, not sure what kind of timing it was setting Action had metal shavings all over - looks like pars weren't properly cleaned after machining, before assemble. Overall, I'm not very disappointed. Never had my hopes high - there is a reason it was 299.

Got mine today. As stated, the gun is packed without any styrofoam or other product to keep it from moving in the box, but it arrived completely undamaged. Durham Outdoors did a great job wrapping the box up with thick black plastic which probably helped.

Anyway, although the gun looks great, I’m not going to keep it. I have pretty bad arthritis I’m my elbows and the gun is just too much for me. I should have done more research before I bought. Oh well. I am going to contact Durham Outdoors about a refund or exchange. If they can’t help me, I’ll pop it up on the EE. It’ll be a good deal for someone.

Business Member
    We OK with return, tks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperjake View Post
    Got mine today. As stated, the gun is packed without any styrofoam or other product to keep it from moving in the box, but it arrived completely undamaged. Durham Outdoors did a great job wrapping the box up with thick black plastic which probably helped.

Anyway, although the gun looks great, I’m not going to keep it. I have pretty bad arthritis I’m my elbows and the gun is just too much for me. I should have done more research before I bought. Oh well. I am going to contact Durham Outdoors about a refund or exchange. If they can’t help me, I’ll pop it up on the EE. It’ll be a good deal for someone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperjake View Post

Buy yourself a shoulder pad. It cuts the recoil in half if not more. Use the light target shells. You won't feel any pain.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looks like I got mine working well.. Took apart and had a few snaafoos..
    But well greased and running and cycling well.. Haven't shot it yet
    The shell stop screws/pins I put a drop of JB weld in each one so they don't back out anymore
    You can take the gun apart without removing them..
    A learning curve.. But U tube is your friend
    The channel ...Mossy 500A was painfull to watch ..but that was the best I could find