Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year 2020! Norinco 1897 Trench gun Back in Stock! Only 299

I have one and it's fun as hell. I have had every military or tactical shotgun know to man. This one is the funnest! BUY IT!
    Collecting, shooting and have fun.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    couldnt resist
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Great Price....I paid $475 for a cimmaron from Marstar and had to do a bunch of work to it as the action kept sticking

Quote Originally Posted by sam burton View Post
    Ordered one too, and a repro heat shield/bayo mount. May as well make myself a trench gun replica!
    Do you think it’ll fit this repo? Or will it need some tinkering?

Can anyone confirm it slam fires?

CGN Regular
    To answer the above post: On my clone, if I were to forget to release the trigger, it gun will slam fire. I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone has designed a disconnecting trigger for the '97. Certainly no Winchester built 1897's ever had a factory installed disconnecting trigger.

In the video the author comments that they didn't really enjoy the "slam fire" and weren't real comfortable even doing it. I feel the same way. IMHO, it just seems wrong.

I would also suggest, that before you slam fire any '97, that you ensure that the out of battery, in battery safety interlock adjustment is within specifications. Slam fire is one thing, an out of battery slam fire is another thrill entirely. Remember, 2/3 of these shotguns are now over 100 years old. Unlike the Winchester Model 12 and Ithaca 37, when the Model 1897 is slam fired, the bolt is in battery but the carrier is only almost in battery, but has passed the sear, which is adjusted with the trigger stop screw. The carrier is almost fully locked. The 1897 is meant to be pumped with in a deliberate and authoritative manner, it is not meant to be sissy pumped.

IMHO the Winchester '97 was not designed to slam fire, instead the design wasn't able to prevent a slam fire. In order to make an accidental slam fire somewhat safe, a trigger stop was added and it is adjusted to allow the sear to hold the hammer back until the carrier is almost in lock-up. Intentionally slam firing a '97 is somewhat foolish, especially if the trigger stop adjustment hasn't been checked.

Nitro
    Last edited by nitro-express; 01-01-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    LaBoeuf : ...You could argue that the shooting of the dog was merely an instance of malum prohibitum, but the shooting of a senator is indubitably an instance of malum in se.
    Rooster Cogburn : Malla-men what?

Quote Originally Posted by AnUniqueName View Post
    They can slamfire??
    Real 1897s all have the ability to slamfire, including the regular 30in hunting version.

Unless something fishy is going on with the repros they should slamfire too. Plenty of videos on YouTube and posts on forums say that Norincos can be slam fired as well.

Now obviously slamfiring moving clays is a bad idea.

Also its interesting to note that they can be used for SASS.
    Rimfire and Military Surplus Enthusiast.

This is my first repop 1897, so I will see when it gets here. I am sure I can make it fit and I won’t feel bad modifying this one vs doing it to my real 1897
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.-Ben Franklin

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    i own two and just ordered another from this offer, Ive had all the different versions and every one slam fires, its how they are built
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    So.. you want to sell guns... and post a video of how much Chinesism crap it is..

New tactic.

Canadian's will still buy them by the crate load.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast