Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year 2020! Norinco 1897 Trench gun Back in Stock! Only 299

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    At least it's a honest gesture towards the potential buyers. I think it's a refreshing change to actually admit that one is selling the crap. I would like to congratulate Durham Outdoors on their approach.
    I too would like to thank them - I wish the socom m305 back in the day was advertised that my face might be blown apart when I fire it, before purchasing the rifle.

looking forward to seeing these on the EE
    I like guns

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    I had one, wasn't sure about cycling the action, seemed like it needed the fore-end needed a push towards the muzzle before it would pump, any comments on that?
    T
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

Quote Originally Posted by Svt40 fan View Post
    looking forward to seeing these on the EE
    Likely for 5 or 600 lol

If you folks are looking for heat shields and bayo lugs check ima USA too that had a bunch a while back

They have new bayonets too https://www.ima-usa.com/pages/search...q=trench%20gun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timandkimandshea View Post
    I had one, wasn't sure about cycling the action, seemed like it needed the fore-end needed a push towards the muzzle before it would pump, any comments on that?
    T
    It's actually normal for 1897, but there are many, other things wrong with the Chinese clone. Video may give you some clues.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

CGN Regular
    From what I have seen on the web these Chinese clones have very few issues. They work well and are alot less than a real 1897. Must be the cheap communist labour in China. Cowboy action shooters use these. These guns are not crap by any means.

I have one from Marstar old stock. The action is a bit rough but it's far from garbage.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I'd like to see someone slam firing slugs through one of these. I cant imagine that being fun for any length of time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Are these ones threaded for chokes?

My old M* one from several years back is.

Disappointed to see it's not actually a trench gun, or I'd buy another.

Action is rough on these, but they work and it's less than you're going to pay for an original that isn't beat to piss. 1897 isn't exactly in the top ten for smooth pump guns to begin with. Grease it up and rack the crap out of it. Watch for the small screws backing out - blue locktite might help.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    It's actually normal for 1897, but there are many, other things wrong with the Chinese clone. Video may give you some clues.
    Does that quirk with the pump cause problems when using it? It seemed that (cycling action, dry firing, not live rounds) that if you didnt nudge it forward it wouldnt cycle. I am guessing it must work OK in real life, because I haven't really seen much discussion on this.
    T
    Last edited by timandkimandshea; 01-02-2020 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Sp
    Punish only he who has committed the crime