Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year 2020! Norinco 1897 Trench gun Back in Stock! Only 299

Business Member
    Grap it while you can, price will be raised to $349 on 1/Feb. This is the final production run by Norinco, this is it!

Just ordered one. I have a real 1897 Winchester that is in great shape. I am happy to have a replica that I can abuse.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Nice, man, when I was young{20+ years ago} lol I had I think one of these-Original- in Take Down..in a leather case. Got it for a deal at a Gun show.. not long after, traded it for something more 'Tactical'..GAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by bleaches View Post
    Any plan to bring in the bayonet lug/heatshield? The link to the store you posted does not ship to Canada.
    That would be cool to have it at least look like a trench gun.
    Anyone ever seen these parts needed to do this in Canada.
    JT , Keeping Canadians Safe !!

Quote Originally Posted by HJP View Post
    That would be cool to have it at least look like a trench gun.
    Anyone ever seen these parts needed to do this in Canada.
    These guys state that they do: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/813820

Yes, Numrich ship to Canada. I have one of these repro installed on my Winchester model 12 and very happy of the result. But they seems back order for the moment....

Just got my 1897 in the mail, so here's a preliminary review
    Action and loading was initially janky but a few dozen passes of snappies turned everything smooth. Smoother, I mean. It's still Chinese. You can't help but squint when you look at it. That's how scrappy it is.
    Didn't come with any sort of manual, or even a warning label. Just the gun in a plastic bag with a very light film of what might have been cosmoline, or not. Stuff behaved the similarly to old, gunky cosmoline but it didn't have that distinct smell.
    Only definite bad mark is that the stock is damaged. It obviously chipped at some point, and then they glued the bit back on. It's not a functional problem, but it's kinda flagrant and hard to not look at. Not the best $300 I ever spent, but not the worst by a long shot.
    Picture
    Last edited by Axelord; 01-08-2020 at 01:24 PM. Reason: removed accidental slur

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    I assume the front bead unscrews and counterclockwise as usual?

It has to be removed to allow the heat shield which comes with its own bead to slide over the barrel.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis13 View Post
    These guys state that they do: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/813820
    They actually are sold out and cannot back order it at the moment. I placed an order days ago when this thread went live and they emailed me yesterday telling me they are cancelling my order. so for now we are SOL.

I guess I got one of the last heat shield/ bayo mounts! Mine shipped out on Monday, ordered a bayo and sling today. Already spent almost twice as much on add ons and haven’t even got the shotgun in my hands yet!
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.-Ben Franklin