Thread: Happy New Year !!

Happy New Year !!

The Mrs and I wish you all an Happy New Year !!

We are in the process of ramping up production of the most popular targets & accessories in order to minimize shipping delay. We will also be bringing updated & new products, more to come soon !

A&K

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Happy New Year!!!! Can't wait to see whats coming up!
    Don't miss... I won't...

Happy new year to you as well! My rifle dueling tree is still going strong after a fairly ridiculous number of 223 rounds!
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ianfroese View Post
    Happy new year to you as well! My rifle dueling tree is still going strong after a fairly ridiculous number of 223 rounds!
    What thickness of paddles did you buy and at what distance do you shoot it at?

I bought three different gongs from you folks a while ago, love them and highly recommended.

However, I hang them via two chains bolted to the gong with the included hardware like on your website, one chain on one bolt the other in the other bolt. But I can't seem to get them to "ring" all that well with a good strike. When I test them in the shop hanging off one loose bolt smacked with a ball peen hammer, they really sound great.

Any thoughts on how to make those suckers sing at the range. And no smart remarks like "try hitting them" LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    What thickness of paddles did you buy and at what distance do you shoot it at?
    I believe they are 3/8 AR500, maybe 550, but honestly can't recall exactly. It also has AR500 protecting the stand. I shoot it with rifle from 50+ yards with 223. I've used it with my 6.5x55 at 300.

I bought it 2-3 years ago.
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

CGN frequent flyer
    Have you been able to address your heat/ painting quality control issues to-date. If not Crappy Tore has heaters for sale this week.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ianfroese View Post
    I believe they are 3/8 AR500, maybe 550, but honestly can't recall exactly. It also has AR500 protecting the stand. I shoot it with rifle from 50+ yards with 223. I've used it with my 6.5x55 at 300.

I bought it 2-3 years ago.
    Nice, I bought the .25"? Dueling paddles and built my own tree for the handguns but I really want a tree for rifles, so thanks for the feedback man

Quote Originally Posted by Wester View Post
    I bought three different gongs from you folks a while ago, love them and highly recommended.

However, I hang them via two chains bolted to the gong with the included hardware like on your website, one chain on one bolt the other in the other bolt. But I can't seem to get them to "ring" all that well with a good strike. When I test them in the shop hanging off one loose bolt smacked with a ball peen hammer, they really sound great.

Any thoughts on how to make those suckers sing at the range. And no smart remarks like "try hitting them" LOL.
    Size and thickness of the gong make a difference, as well as what you shoot it with and the distance.

Had a 1/2" thick 6" plate at 300 meters on a spike that would give a dull thud when hit with a 300 Win Mag. Its twin on chains would clang a bit at 200m. Not much sound from the .22LR but a small Tink if you knew to pay attention.

I recently got a 3/8" thick 15" plate and can't recall its sound at 300m on chains, as I only got to take it out once last summer.

Without details on your shooting tools (both target and firearm), it rules out so many factors.

My plates are 3/8”, 8”, 10” and 12” round, two hanger bolts for each one.

I hit them with .22 and 9mm at no less than 15 yards. I have shot 12g #7 bird shot at them to clean up the paint once in a while. I do get a muted ‘tink’ which is barely audible with my ear pros on. Hanging them off a wire hook in one hole and tapping them with a hammer, they really ring. I’m trying to find a solution that doesn’t mute the resonance of the plate, the bolts and chain kills that.