Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt python

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by fiftycalforsquirrels View Post
    Dont Canadian businesses have some sort of trade agreement with the US where a Canadian business can bring in product from the states and the exchange rate isnt full value?

I.e if I bought something from the states personally I'd pay 1.30ish Canadian for 1 US dollar
    But if a Canadian business buys something from the states, they get a much better exchange rate and then sell to the Canadian consumer at hopefully fair market value? (Usually just gets jacked up even more)
    In a word: No. You get boned an extra ~2% on your credit card when you buy something in USD, while an importer will pay about 0.5% extra, so he gets a slightly better rate, but that's it. You would get a better rate too if you bought USDs in multiples of 100k$ instead of a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    It might seem like that but what I think is really happening is, they are paying say $1000 a piece for the gun, so $1300 Canadian. where we are looking at the retail plus exchange so, $1600 = $2080. Their wholesale price is in usd not the retail.
    Well that makes sense from what I've seen behind the scenes in other businesses(i.e not gun related but product comes from states). Canadian business buyers wholesale plus exchange is the same +/- the US retail. So rather than a Canadian business bringing it up and selling it to the Canadian consumer as a "deal" they take full advantage of knowing the consumer pays retail us+exhchange+getting it from the states.

Highway robbery for Canadians.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    In a word: No. You get boned an extra ~2% on your credit card when you buy something in USD, while an importer will pay about 0.5% extra, so he gets a slightly better rate, but that's it. You would get a better rate too if you bought USDs in multiples of 100k$ instead of a few bucks.
    Hometrust visa dot com

No foreign exchange markup

Good to deal with; when my account was compromised they didn’t argue with me, issued a new card and cancelled the bogus transactions.

https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Is useful for checking f/x rates
    Last edited by k_h; 01-04-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Yes we will, we have not received firm pricing from Colt as of yet. IRUNGUNS is one of the top 500 Colt stocking dealers in the US, once we have confirmation we will advertise them and ensure everyone gets looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    Hey, you guys gonna bring in the python for the real price??? Lol

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    I would love one of these. In the end its a revolver for 1.5-2x a good modern pistol. Which would you rather have a custom shop semi, or a python"ish" revolver.

Looking at my second ever hangun, its yes to both. Saving shekels, pick one first, wait for reviews ???? second.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

I don't know where you got that idea from?, maybe if the volume is huge, a break in price, but exchange rate is what ever it is that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by fiftycalforsquirrels View Post
    Dont Canadian businesses have some sort of trade agreement with the US where a Canadian business can bring in product from the states and the exchange rate isnt full value?

I.e if I bought something from the states personally I'd pay 1.30ish Canadian for 1 US dollar
    But if a Canadian business buys something from the states, they get a much better exchange rate and then sell to the Canadian consumer at hopefully fair market value? (Usually just gets jacked up even more)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Yes we will, we have not received firm pricing from Colt as of yet. IRUNGUNS is one of the top 500 Colt stocking dealers in the US, once we have confirmation we will advertise them and ensure everyone gets looked after.
    well please make it fast,i'm waiting for you to beat Canadian dealers by 20 to 25% like you usually do.still unsure why you are always able to beat canadian dealers price by so much,credit card is ready and waiting for you.

I love the python but just dont get how this gun is 2100 to 2500 bucks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WAREWOLF View Post
    I guess with new technology they were able to keep the price down.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WAREWOLF View Post
    Well, how is a Manurhin $3500?.....or a Korth 6K and up?
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast