Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt python

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by WAREWOLF View Post
    I love the python but just dont get how this gun is 2100 to 2500 bucks.
    The same reason why a Timex cost less than a omega.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Well, how is a Manurhin $3500?.....or a Korth 6K and up?
    True enough just seems high for a revolver dont get me wrong I have a python made in 76. Just dont get how to justify this price for a reproduction.

True enough just seems high for a revolver dont get me wrong I have a python made in 76. Just dont get how to justify this price for a reproduction.
    Not reproduction.... new production and for all intents and purposes, probably a better gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyjellybean View Post
    Not reproduction.... new production and for all intents and purposes, probably a better gun.
    Dont get me wrong not knocking the gun I love the python and it is a great revolver. Just in my opinion I think this new production is about $1000 hight considering the price for a 6 inch S&W 686 which is about $1,100 CAD

No doubt Colt is factoring in an extra "Python" profit margin.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Dont get me wrong not knocking the gun I love the python and it is a great revolver. Just in my opinion I think this new production is about $1000 hight considering the price for a 6 inch S&W 686 which is about $1,100 CAD
    Well, that's the question isn't it. When the original Pythons were being made they always seemed to be priced around $1100-$1200 in today's dollars after adjusting for inflation. Unless you expect this gun to be dramatically better in terms of function and quality than a S&W custom shop or a GP-100 Match Champion $2200 does seem high. While it may be better than those other guns I suspect at least a fair part of that higher price may be trading on the image. Now that is fine in my opinion. Fair market value is whatever people are prepared to pay and it seems these will sell easily at this price point.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Well, that's the question isn't it. When the original Pythons were being made they always seemed to be priced around $1100-$1200 in today's dollars after adjusting for inflation. Unless you expect this gun to be dramatically better in terms of function and quality than a S&W custom shop or a GP-100 Match Champion $2200 does seem high. While it may be better than those other guns I suspect at least a fair part of that higher price may be trading on the image. Now that is fine in my opinion. Fair market value is whatever people are prepared to pay and it seems these will sell easily at this price point.
    I do agree. I just sometimes think that we are so h#$*y in canada to get certain firearms that the manufacturers and retailers know that and we just pay what they put out there to get it.

That being said and before the clash back starts. Understand that I am not accusing any of our retailers of anything here as there are costs to bringing these things in for us. And they do need to make a profit. I GET IT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Retailers and Colt will go after the low hanging fruit first( folks who want it now and will pay $2200.) and in a couple years colt will narrow the margins a bit along with the retailer to get other buyers who are on the fence at that price point, standard stuff, I can wait.if I get one at all it will be at a somewhat reduced price and if I am not comfortable with that then I will be out, no sweat either way! Awesome looking handgun though.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

I’ll get one (or two) no matter what, save the Liberals plan coming to fruition. I hate they know that about me!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Retailers and Colt will go after the low hanging fruit first( folks who want it now and will pay $2200.) and in a couple years colt will narrow the margins a bit along with the retailer to get other buyers who are on the fence at that price point, standard stuff, I can wait.if I get one at all it will be at a somewhat reduced price and if I am not comfortable with that then I will be out, no sweat either way! Awesome looking handgun though.

I guess some of the retailers HAVE lowered the price of the "king Cobra" a bit.....so there may be some logic in what you're saying.... on the other hand, inflation is an ugly thing and prices may creep up because of that; certainly labour and material costs will increase....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast