Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here is a proactive approach to firearm reform that will fall on deaf ears

Don't tell us, tell our "leader"

CGN frequent flyer
    You just accused FN of gun smuggling - you think Trudeau Gov is even going to consider going up against FN?
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

These points are great and make total sense if you assumed our government was working for our interests. However once you understand the fact that our govt is controlled and works for the interests of a select few. They don’t care about crime and citizen saftey. In fact id wager they want more crime and more shootings to justify ever increasing draconian control measures to use against us.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Two problems. First.a presumption that firearms are in need of.reform. Second, that they care to listen.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Caught using a firearm in a crime and found guilty? Simple, cost effective solution is a single 9mm round through the back of the head. I guarantee 0% repeat offenders. I’ll buy the first case.

#3 is huge, I think. Facing charges on two sides of the border (importation and exportation) would make a difference. Everyone in this country knows that Canadian judges are slightly left of Bernie Sanders. No criminal is afraid of them. US judges, however...
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

No!
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

IRG, no. Stupid idea.
    Better idea would be to treat firearms as Hershey's bars, meaning that any Canadian or American can buy them on either side of the border and bring them across. There should be no such thing as an "illegal firearm", only convicted criminal people who should have their right to own a firearm eliminated by being incarcerated (or shot by their would-be victim).

Focus on the crime (real crime not made up victimless 'crime') and allow the people to do their part in eliminating criminals.
    SuperModerated since Jan 2019.

CGN Regular
    Be careful what you wish for. This proposal would create a system with incredible increases in police powers and judicial punishment at the border (civil forfeiture is a road to corruption), not to mention tossing Canadian citizens across the border for a foreign country to punish. There are aspects of the proposal that make sense (identifying those who are facilitating illegal imports - FN perhaps?), but overall it's draconian and not where I think Canada should be treading.

For the person who posted about capital punishment for firearms offences - seriously? Do you really have such trust in the police and judicial system that you are willing to let them kill people? These are the same people who are imposing unjust and farcical firearms laws on you.

That's an interesting article. I didn't realize there was that short circuit across the border on that one reserve. If that's the case then that needs to be addressed, although my belief is the Feds (especially the Liberals) will NEVER ever go after any first nations group for anything.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast