Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should I just withdraw my PAL/RPAL application?

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 04:53 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Did they officially refuse your application or is still in processing? Dont give up. The system was designed to discourage people from firearms ownership. Dont let them win, especially if they are being particularly hostile towards your individual experiences. Im sure there is a wide spectrum of civil advocates that would like to help fight institutional prejudice on your behalf.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmassecar View Post
    Maybe your MP could help you out? Seems you may be experiencing some discrimination possibly. Don't give up.
    I have a liberal MP who has publicly voiced his disdain for firearms. He said he'd look into it and get back to me but that was 10 months ago. This was before the transgender topic popped up so maybe now he'll actually look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Did they officially refuse your application or is still in processing? Dont give up. The system was designed to discourage people from firearms ownership. Dont let them win, especially if they are being particularly hostile towards your individual experiences. Im sure there is a wide spectrum of civil advocates that would like to help fight institutional prejudice on your behalf.
    Still processing. He told me it will take "years" for him to get to my file and recommended me to just withdraw my application. Part of me wishes they'll officially refuse my application so I have something tangible which I can appeal.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by irishcanuck View Post
    Still processing. He told me it will take "years" for him to get to my file and recommended me to just withdraw my application. Part of me wishes they'll officially refuse my application so I have something tangible which I can appeal.
    I know for a fact that the Human Rights Tribunal will supply a lawyer free of charge if they think that there is a case.

Lawyer and give the CFO a beating. Itll take a while, but not years (expect 12 months IME) and a but of pissing around.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Go to the media.

Use all the tools in your belt, since LGBTQ is such a hot topic there is nothing wrong with pushing your problem towards discrimination if you feel that is the case!!!!
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Call them
    Ask them for a status and indicate you feel it is oppressively over due and if they do not intend to approve your application to respectfully ask for a denial in writing.

Then get a lawyer and fight the bastards, they will have to pay for your fees anyways if you don't go through the human rights route or something similar
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ...I'm transgender (I live "stealth" which means no one knows). The CFO has made some less than pleasant remarks about my gender and medical transition... Does anyone have advice on what I should do? I'm beginning to think the only way I can get my PAL is to lawyer up
    Ontario has a 'human rights' system, charged with enforcing 'human rights', doesn't it? And 'gender identity' is a protected 'human right', isn't it?

The Ontario's human rights system is made up of three separate agencies. The Human Rights Tribunal is where human rights applications are filed and decided. The Human Rights Legal Support Centre gives legal help to people who have experienced discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code.

<https://www.hrlsc.on.ca/en/how-guides-and-faqs/human-rights-ontario>
    Human Rights Legal Support Centre (HRLSC)

The HRLSC provides free legal assistance to people across Ontario who have experienced discrimination contrary to Ontario’s Human Rights Code, and who may want to file an application to the HRTO.

Human Rights Legal Support Centre
    180 Dundas Street West, 8th Floor
    Toronto, ON M7A 0A1

Tel: (416) 597-4900
    Toll Free: 1-866—625-5179
    TTY: (416) 597-4903
    TTY Toll Free: 1-866 612-8627
    www.hrlsc.on.ca

<http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/about-commission/contact-us>
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The email claiming it will years to process what should take 30 days is more than sufficient to be deemed a constructive refusal and proceed with a court challenge.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast