Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reverse Fake Suppressor with Linear Compensator

Linear reverse comp in steel for .308

Reserve linear comp in steel, 1.5” diameter and same length as the previous size.
    How long until this becomes a reality?!!

CGN Regular
    I generally hate adding alot of dead weight to the end of my rifle, but i love how these reverse suppressors look on my rifle. If there was a super lightweight version id be all over it, maybe by using lighter materials on the "reverse" part of the "suppressor" that covers the barrel, and obviously stronger materials only on the areas to the front that have to deal with the blast. Just a thought!

I've owned a few different brands of fake cans over the years, and I can think of three different ones that all had the reverse barrel shroud part thread on the back of the comp. I like the functionality of the design, but not sure what it adds to manufacturing cost. I know I spent between $50-200 on my other ones. Some were really light, others were heavy as hell.

CGN Regular
    I purchased one of yours a little while back. Looks great on my rifle but I had to cut it way back to accommodate my 10.5" barrel with not enough clearance from the threads to the gas block. You guys absolutely gave the heads up on your website and I knew what I was getting into but I would love it if you made one that would accommodate shorter barrels, with less space between the gas block and barrel threads.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    We did some spitballing on the weekend, this is a rough concept for a 1.5" diameter reverse-style fake can with linear compensator. The linear comp at the front is steel. The sleeve (aluminum) screws onto the rear of the linear comp (threads not depicted). Rear cap (also aluminum) is not essential but covers the gap, and is held in place with an o-ring. Total weight 8-9oz.

True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Gimme the current reverse linear comp with a 1.5 diameter. Don’t mind the extra bit of weight.
    I’d go with “bullet proof” steel over aluminum. The rear cap “held on by an O-ring” sounds like it’ll last about 37 seconds before coming off.

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    We did some spitballing on the weekend, this is a rough concept for a 1.5" diameter reverse-style fake can with linear compensator. The linear comp at the front is steel. The sleeve (aluminum) screws onto the rear of the linear comp (threads not depicted). Rear cap (also aluminum) is not essential but covers the gap, and is held in place with an o-ring. Total weight 8-9oz.

I'm in! A couple for 5.56 and one for 9mm if you make it.
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post

My wallet is ready, thanks a lot for going through with this.

Yup, exactly what I was getting at and count me in.