Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Reverse Fake Suppressor with Linear Compensator

Quote Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
    It's NOT "bomb proof"...trust me.
    Haha, Did you have one go down range? I had a nice lightweight one on my BRS99 and it went down range a fair distance. Gotta check for tightness quite often. The crush washer will help keep it tight though.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.. View Post
    Will this fit on a 14.5" barrel with a mid-length gas system?
    Pics please!
    No, sorry

Using the formula from the first drawing in this thread, the length available between the thread shoulder and the gas block (assuming a 1" long gas block) is 14.5-11 = 3.5" but the device requires 3.93".
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

When putting it on, how do you know when it’s fully seated. The one I have, got yesterday. I put it on my tavor and it seems like it’s stripped. It won’t lock up tight like most muzzle breaks would? Should I put some loc-tight on it to help it or am I doing something wrong here?
    EDIT - Colin reached out to me and we are all good. needed a crush washer and it is awesome!
    Last edited by Steers; 01-24-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Received one today... OMG it is heavy! 14oz is very heavy apparently. Construction is what I would consider bomb proof.

I think I would rather have a lighter aluminum one of the same design with linear compensator, is that even possible?
    It is possible but has some potential downsides. The muzzle blast is impacting directly on the device and this may erode the aluminum much faster than steel. We've also read there can be issues with the threads caused by aluminum's very different (roughly 2x) coefficient of thermal expansion compared to the steel barrel it's screwed to.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN Regular
    Ya this is totally going to throw off the balance of my AR, but it's gonna look tacticool AF.

CGN Regular

Received mine last week --

Fits great on my T1x. However the threads are not entirely coaxial to the rest of the tube, the supressor appears to wobble a slight amount when tightening. At final tightening there is uneven gap all around.

Not sure if they are all like this, but if they are you won't be able to get anywhere close to the indicated max barrel diameter on the spec sheet due to wobble...

I mounted one on a X95
    Super solid and secure. lines up perfectly...

CGN Regular
    Got mine on my ar. When i received it was covered in a brownish schmoo. Many paper towels later and a light coat of oil it looks mostly like the advertised pic.

At $70 i don't know if I'd call it good value for money

I’m in for a .30 cal
    I believe in Ammunition..

Got one today and can confirm it looks badass on my buddy Mike's ATRS MR with 18.6" barrel and MRA 13.5" handguard.

Name:  IMG_20200122_1523404~2.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  54.7 KB

It was somewhat difficult to install. The threads aren't accessible from either end and at first I couldn't even get it started and thought for some reason it wasn't going to fit. But I eventually dug out my desk lamp with a magnifier on it to make sure I was lining up the threads squarely. It was tough to thread on by hand, and 5 or 6 times I took it off because I was worried I was cross-threading it on Mike's fancy expensive barrel, but in the end it was just very, very snug. Definitely adds heft to the business end though.
    Last edited by jacotsmith; 01-23-2020 at 01:00 AM.