MPR 338 Lapua 27” barrel black anodized $3349.99

Call for more information 1-888-622-1566

Great North Precision
    130 - 1979 Windsor Road
    Kelowna, BC
    V1Y 4R7

info@greatnorthprecision.com

https://www.greatnorthprecision.com

anyone experienced this in the magnum caliber with the metal mag ? heard its noisy

CGN Regular
    Looks great! Whats the weight of the MPR 308 desert brown anodized 16” barrel?

Business Member
    Hi Bishoop4444

We currently only have the black ones in stock but we can order in a desert bronze one for you. They weigh 7Lbs. Please give us a call with any questions for faster response.

Thank you
    Brent Jefferson
    1-888-622-1566

That's one hell good price for 338 Lapua, very tempted but let me read a few reviews first.

Cheers.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Great North Precision View Post
    Hi Bishoop4444

We currently only have the black ones in stock but we can order in a desert bronze one for you. They weigh 7Lbs. Please give us a call with any questions for faster response.

Thank you
    Brent Jefferson
    1-888-622-1566
    Great news, lightweight bolt guns with short barrels seems to be a popular choice for of 2020. I look forward ton seeing how this compares to the Cross rifle and Q rifle.
    thanks!

A word of caution is in order with the Christensen Arms Rifles. Their Carbon-Fibre technology is far behind that of Proof Research, Hardy Engineering, and other top-tier C-F Barrel manufacturers. They only offer a 1 MOA accuracy warranty, and that is based on THREE-round groups (not 5) with FULL COOLING between groups. Fail to follow that sort of firing schedule, and you may end up like I did, with a 6.5mm CM barrel throat burned-out after less than 350 rounds fired in successive 5-round groups. You know - kind of like a PRECISION RIFLE is fully expected to do? True precision rifles do not fire 3-round groups, nor do they require full cooling between shot-groups to avoid premature barrel-wear. My original report is here: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-Fibre-Barrel!

Great North Precision can delete this post if they so choose, as it is their business forum. To do so however, would be a great DISSERVICE to their customers, tantamount to denying them the necessary information to make an informed buying decision!! My report stands as written and I place my personal reputation behind what I have said and experienced. That might not mean much on here, but it carries some weight within the Veteran community.
    Mark C

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    A word of caution is in order with the Christensen Arms Rifles. Their Carbon-Fibre technology is far behind that of Proof Research, Hardy Engineering, and other top-tier C-F Barrel manufacturers. They only offer a 1 MOA accuracy warranty, and that is based on THREE-round groups (not 5) with FULL COOLING between groups. Fail to follow that sort of firing schedule, and you may end up like I did, with a 6.5mm CM barrel throat burned-out after less than 350 rounds fired in successive 5-round groups. You know - kind of like a PRECISION RIFLE is fully expected to do? True precision rifles do not fire 3-round groups, nor do they require full cooling between shot-groups to avoid premature barrel-wear. My original report is here: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-Fibre-Barrel!

Great North Precision can delete this post if they so choose, as it is their business forum. To do so however, would be a great DISSERVICE to their customers, tantamount to denying them the necessary information to make an informed buying decision!! My report stands as written and I place my personal reputation behind what I have said and experienced. That might not mean much on here, but it carries some weight within the Veteran community.

Hi Mark

We will not remove your post because we believe that your personal experience with this rifle and dealing with Christensen arms warranty is beneficial to potential customers
    Our customer experience with these rifles is not what you had and we have sold many of these rifles to very credible long range shooters that put them through the same tests you did and were happy with the carbon barrels and how they held up but......
    Christensen has now come out with a steel barreled version in the MPR and maybe it has something too do with the guys that are pushing these rifles the way precision rifles are pushed.
    Dealing with Christensen arms warranty direct has been a pain in the past but now that Coralanes is the certified Canadian warranty center i'm sure that this wont be an issue anymore.

Many of the staff here have had or shot Christensen carbon barrels and have had great accuracy with zero issues of barrel burn out or throat erosion.

Again we appreciate your post and feed back and if any other potential customer have any questions on this topic we welcome you to call us and we can discuss this further.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...nsen-arms-mpr/

Thanks again
    Luke
    1888-622-1566

Thanks, Luke. I appreciate you leaving up my honest experience with the 6.5 CM C-F Christensen MPR. I am not dissing the product so much as I am the company for what I see as fundamental failings in terms of accurate marketing and warranty-related customer service. If Christensen accurately and correctly marketed the MPR as a "Precision Hunting Rifle", then there would be no issue in my mind and the limited accuracy guarantee and well-spaced 3-shot groups would make some sense. But instead Christensen went for a piece of the PRS sales craze, and marketed the MPR as a "Modern Precision Rifle". This latter name implies that the MPR is intended for and capable of standing up to use in PRS practice and matches with successive 5-round groups fired ad-nauseum, sometimes in a rapid-fire context against the clock. The MPR cannot sustain even a moderate Precision Rifle firing schedule, resulting in my case, in a badly eroded Throat around the 350-round mark (I keep my 6.5CM empty brass). Had I known that what I had was in fact a Precision Hunting Rifle, I would not have fired it like a proper Precision Rifle. Initial accuracy out of the C-F wrapped barrel was Outstanding. However that soon opened up to MOA+ with a wandering POI as much as 9" as the Barrel heated from successive groups (with reasonable cooling time in between). The problem is that Christensen lays the C-F wrap and bonding matrix in a way that produces an insulator instead of a conductor of heat. Unlike a Proof or Hardy C-F Barrel, the Christensen Barrels do not conduct heat outwards to the Barrel surface and instead retain the heat effectively "cooking" the thin Stainless March Barrel Liner.

As far as Customer Service is concerned, not only did Christensen Arms' telephone representative deny me warranty service based on his opinion that the rifle had been "abused", he also didn't believe me when I told him that my shooting mentor for every round fired out of that rifle had been a retired Army Master Sniper who ensured that the rifle was not "abused" in any way by our firing schedule. So in addition to denying me customer service, he also insinuated that I was a liar. Not cool at all. My long-range musketry mentor is Sergeant (Retired) Ben Klick, of "Sierra 64 Riflecraft" based out of Edmonton. He remains willing to back up everything that I have said, but Christensen's Customer Service Rep doesn't believe that he exists. That particular individual at Christensen Arms basically completely Fvcked Me Off, as if I were somehow a burden on his day by expecting him to do his job! Not cool if that is representative of the corporate culture at Christensen Arms, as it does not bode well for effective and satisfactory Warranty Service. Regardless if Corlane Sports does the actual work on the MPRs sold in Canada, Christensen Arms still retains authority for approving any work done and/or parts replaced. Again, the "Mother Ship" Representative was a waste of oxygen and a source of intense frustration. At the end of the day, Christensen Arms did NOTHING to assist me. They just blew me off once they had my money. That said, I suppose that there is always hope that YMMV. It is a big risk to take on a $3K rifle though...
    Mark C