Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shredder mini crossbow! Check this out!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    The bolt weighs almost nothing.... this is not even remotely ethical on deer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepguy1 View Post
    225 FPS is a good deer killer.
    My recurve isn’t much faster, nor is my first compound bow (275)
    Lol. My kid’s airsoft pistol shoots 350fps, so I’m prolly good for moose then, eh?

Also, most provinces require 100lb draw weight for crossbows.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Lol. My kid’s airsoft pistol shoots 350fps, so I’m prolly good for moose then, eh?

The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Good thing there’s a fore grip or these would be prohibited! Cool units thought. Also curious about the spare bolts. Could make your own I suppose
    If you want to buy a gun by law you’ll have to show a license at the point of purchase. Right now that’s not a requirement. -The Prime Mistake, Little Castreau 03/20/2018

Quote Originally Posted by adamthaggan View Post
    Good thing there’s a fore grip or these would be prohibited!
    Yeah. The fore grip does more than legalize it though. I bought an 80lb pistol from a flea market when I was a kid. (Along with a blow dart gun, nunchucks, and throwing stars lol. Didn’t know the laws back then. And neither did the vendor apparently). Anyway, that pistol crossbow was useless without a foregrip. The recoil would flip the “muzzle” up and toss the bolt way over the target. At ten yards, if you aimed at the base of a hay bale, it’s still clear the top. Once I fashioned a foregrip for it, it became mildly useful again. Although I hardly had any bolts left. At that speed and size, they’re gone forever if you miss the back stop :-P
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post

The ones I fired had a pretty heavy bolt. I’m guessing that it had a mass of at least 400 grains.... you know, like a small 45-70 projectile, or a large 45 ACP round.
    Sure, at 1/3 the speed, but remember, they come with broad heads too.
    Laugh all you want, but weather or not it’s legal is not the debate.... it WILL kill.
    If you’d like to give your kid a toy like this, you might want to consider not giving her the broad heads... however, she is probably slightly smarter than her dad, so she may have the skill of logical deduction on her side.

The ones I fired had a pretty heavy bolt. I’m guessing that it had a mass of at least 400 grains.... you know, like a small 45-70 projectile, or a large 45 ACP round.
    Sure, at 1/3 the speed, but remember, they come with broad heads too.
    Laugh all you want, but weather or not it’s legal is not the debate.... it WILL kill.
    If you’d like to give your kid a toy like this, you might want to consider not giving her the broad heads... however, she is probably slightly smarter than her dad, so she may have the skill of logical deduction on her side.
    Wow. 5 weeks.

5 weeks to come up with that zinger. Hat’s off to you, sir.

And, while we’re talking “smarts”...

I’m not sure you thought your bullet comparison through well... Are you aware that a 400gr projectile moving 1/3 the speed has 1/10th the energy? A 400 grain bolt moving 225fps only has 44fpe (A third of the energy a 22lr has)

Contrary to your claim, this is not “a good deer killer” nor is it legal or ethical. It’s a toy. Can it kill? Of course. But nobody in their right mind would call it “a good deer killer”.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    225 FPS is a good deer killer.
    My recurve isn’t much faster, nor is my first compound bow (275)
    Fps doesn't mean squat. It's kinetic energy that kills and these probably have the K.E. Of a Saturday morning fart after Friday night chili.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123