Shredder mini crossbow! Check this out!

225 FPS is a good deer killer.
My recurve isn’t much faster, nor is my first compound bow (275)

Lol. My kid’s airsoft pistol shoots 350fps, so I’m prolly good for moose then, eh?

Also, most provinces require 100lb draw weight for crossbows.

Good thing there’s a fore grip or these would be prohibited!

Yeah. The fore grip does more than legalize it though. I bought an 80lb pistol from a flea market when I was a kid. (Along with a blow dart gun, nunchucks, and throwing stars lol. Didn’t know the laws back then. And neither did the vendor apparently). Anyway, that pistol crossbow was useless without a foregrip. The recoil would flip the “muzzle” up and toss the bolt way over the target. At ten yards, if you aimed at the base of a hay bale, it’s still clear the top. Once I fashioned a foregrip for it, it became mildly useful again. Although I hardly had any bolts left. At that speed and size, they’re gone forever if you miss the back stop :p

Lol. My kid’s airsoft pistol shoots 350fps, so I’m prolly good for moose then, eh?

Laugh2Laugh2Laugh2

The ones I fired had a pretty heavy bolt. I’m guessing that it had a mass of at least 400 grains.... you know, like a small 45-70 projectile, or a large 45 ACP round.
Sure, at 1/3 the speed, but remember, they come with broad heads too.
Laugh all you want, but weather or not it’s legal is not the debate.... it WILL kill.
If you’d like to give your kid a toy like this, you might want to consider not giving her the broad heads... however, she is probably slightly smarter than her dad, so she may have the skill of logical deduction on her side.

The ones I fired had a pretty heavy bolt. I’m guessing that it had a mass of at least 400 grains.... you know, like a small 45-70 projectile, or a large 45 ACP round.
Sure, at 1/3 the speed, but remember, they come with broad heads too.
Laugh all you want, but weather or not it’s legal is not the debate.... it WILL kill.
If you’d like to give your kid a toy like this, you might want to consider not giving her the broad heads... however, she is probably slightly smarter than her dad, so she may have the skill of logical deduction on her side.

Wow. 5 weeks.

5 weeks to come up with that zinger. Hat’s off to you, sir.

And, while we’re talking “smarts”...

I’m not sure you thought your bullet comparison through well... Are you aware that a 400gr projectile moving 1/3 the speed has 1/10th the energy? A 400 grain bolt moving 225fps only has 44fpe (A third of the energy a 22lr has)

Contrary to your claim, this is not “a good deer killer” nor is it legal or ethical. It’s a toy. Can it kill? Of course. But nobody in their right mind would call it “a good deer killer”.

Back
Top Bottom