Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wanstalls Sticker Promo Free Gun!

Got my sticker today - and I realize that this was mostly for an entry for what amounts to a raffle, but seriously - it was obviously cut out by hand, with scissors, folded in half, and shoved into an envelope.

Guys, it's a $20 sticker and you can't bother to cut it out properly and mail it flat?

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnes_270 View Post
    Got my sticker today - and I realize that this was mostly for an entry for what amounts to a raffle, but seriously - it was obviously cut out by hand, with scissors, folded in half, and shoved into an envelope.

Guys, it's a $20 sticker and you can't bother to cut it out properly and mail it flat?
    Sorry to hear about your sticker. I can't speak to the hand cut aspect you mention as our new stickers come pre-cut, etc. - perhaps you received an older one? As to the folding of the sticker it's the only way it would fit into a regular envelope.

We will take this under consideration though and see if there's a better way to deliver these in the future.

We do appreciate your order and the feedback.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Sorry to hear about your sticker. I can't speak to the hand cut aspect you mention as our new stickers come pre-cut, etc. - perhaps you received an older one? As to the folding of the sticker it's the only way it would fit into a regular envelope.

We will take this under consideration though and see if there's a better way to deliver these in the future.

We do appreciate your order and the feedback.

Cheers.
    I was under the impression I was ordering a commercial die-cut sticker, like one might put on truck window or tool box. What I got was obviously cut out by hand and looks to have been printed on a ink-jet printer (the backing has the "Avery" brand on it, like you would buy at Staples for printing DIY stuff). I suspect whatever ended up in my envelope wasn't intended to be sold as a sticker for the promo, but you can let me know. I'll try attach a photo.

I was under the impression I was ordering a commercial die-cut sticker, like one might put on truck window or tool box. What I got was obviously cut out by hand and looks to have been printed on a ink-jet printer (the backing has the "Avery" brand on it, like you would buy at Staples for printing DIY stuff). I suspect whatever ended up in my envelope wasn't intended to be sold as a sticker for the promo, but you can let me know. I'll try attach a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    Thanks, but I'm good to wait for Wanstalls to weigh in. If that's what they intended to send me, so be it, $20 is a cheap lesson.

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Thanks, but I'm good to wait for Wanstalls to weigh in. If that's what they intended to send me, so be it, $20 is a cheap lesson.
    It’s a cut sticker. You peal off the clear portion and the decal will go with it and discard the white portion. You can’t ink jet a vinyl sticker
    Last edited by WanstallsOnline; 01-21-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    It’s a cut sticker. You peak off the clear portion and the decal will go with it and discard the white portion. You can’t ink jet a vinyl sticker
    The backing is white, sure - and the sticker is clear - and if you peel it off the backing you get a clear sticker cut to the same odd shape as the backing. It was cut out by hand, as you can see in the picture I posted. If I was going to use this I'd have to either live with the odd edges or try to trim it to a better shape before using it.

If you look online you can see that you can get Avery sheets for DIY printing. Also, the image of the promo sticker on the Wanstalls website is two-tone - mine is only one colour.

The fact that Wanstalls has said their stickers are not cut by hand but pre-cut says to me I got something other than what they intended, but I'll wait to hear from them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234