Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2019... What did I ever do to you?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yeah, it's not like you're building fidget spinners or something. A small change in the alloy used (and lord knows material suppliers have pulled shady #### over the years) and it goes from a rifle to a pipe bomb. Or maybe a finishing process gets applied too thick and suddenly your smooth running fit becomes an interference fit... Then there's IP theft and backroom political bull#### taking up all your time/money...
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    What kinds of VMC's/HMC's are you guys running?
    Have you got a shop tour video up anywhere?
    No shop tour video, no shop tours offered. Discretion is, in my opinion, highly underrated in these modern times.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Out of curiosity, do you guys cut your aluminum dry?

Great breakdown! Can't wait to see what 2020 brings you and your team!
    CCFR Member - Rifles and Reels shooting club - Sudbury Ontario

CGN Regular
    I disagree with you. I am hoping they are able to have success in the rimfire project, good for an Alberta company to offer an even wider availability of products for sale.
    Last edited by Nyksta; 05-01-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you guys cut your aluminum dry?
    No, raw processing (like cutting bar to block) we used a wet saw, but have since switched to having it cut by the supplier and delivered on pallets for simplicity.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    No, raw processing (like cutting bar to block) we used a wet saw, but have since switched to having it cut by the supplier and delivered on pallets for simplicity.
    I've only ever cut aluminum with either a flood or at least misting of cutting fluid, but I've seen a lot of people cutting dry with great results, so I figured I'd ask. Then there's the benefit of not having the smell...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    In this industry.. it is frightening to outsource. The concerns about quality, but also other issues...
    Should we ask John of Wolverine Supplies how he feels about the situation with Kodiak Defense?... yeah, I don't think we even need to ask.

The #### of it is, it happens over, and over, and over in this industry, every time you turn around somebody's trying to put a pointy metallic object in your back... So at some point you become a little jaded and it becomes hard to trust others, even if they are good people.
    Is there no means by which you can conduct QC at the point of delivery and accept/refuse based on whether it meets the requirements? In my former industry it was standard practice to outline the requirements, outline them clearly in the contract and conduct QC on site and on delivery before paying for any goods.

I hold my hands up, I don't know what is what in this industry or your situation. I just really want to see tens of thousands of NR black rifles being made

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    Is there no means by which you can conduct QC at the point of delivery and accept/refuse based on whether it meets the requirements? In my former industry it was standard practice to outline the requirements, outline them clearly in the contract and conduct QC on site and on delivery before paying for any goods.

I hold my hands up, I don't know what is what in this industry or your situation. I just really want to see tens of thousands of NR black rifles being made
    This does nothing to alleviate our concern that we'll be told they made ten, and yet there will be a thousand. ;-)

The main thing I got out of this post was for people to stop calling and let them work!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast