Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2019... What did I ever do to you?

Great work guys last year! I really enjoy my MS rifles. And I'm looking forward to 2020 and the continued use of my firearms (hopefully). Good choice on Reliable Gun, they are a solid company to deal with.

To anyone wanting a rimfire, given our current political climate, don't wait just buy the JP Enterprises Barrel & BCG, even though it is advertised as a 18" it measures just a hair more than 19". Needs a slight mod to function in a MS upper, which ATRS can do. It is excellent quality and shoots tiny groups if you buy good ammo. Might not be as short as you'd like, but such is life at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Great work guys last year! I really enjoy my MS rifles. And I'm looking forward to 2020 and the continued use of my firearms (hopefully). Good choice on Reliable Gun, they are a solid company to deal with.

To anyone wanting a rimfire, given our current political climate, don't wait just buy the JP Enterprises Barrel & BCG, even though it is advertised as a 18" it measures just a hair more than 19". Needs a slight mod to function in a MS upper, which ATRS can do. It is excellent quality and shoots tiny groups if you buy good ammo. Might not be as short as you'd like, but such is life at the moment.
    I'll second this, ATRS do the mods for cheap. My JP setup shoots much better than my cmmg kit, I don't regret spending the extra $$$ for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post

What needs to be modified?

CGN frequent flyer
    Is it not possible to outsource the manufacture of your product? It kind of seems like there are lots of good NR products on the market right now but supply is always limited.

Always love reading your post. I’ve worked in the metal cutting industry for over 20 years and can appreciate your struggles with machine down time! What brand of EDM do you guys run? Sinker or wire machines? I don’t own any of your products but I can tell from what I have seen they are a fine example of quality craftsmanship. Thanks for supplying these products to Canada. A MV is definitely on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    What needs to be modified?
    Due to the MS having a shorter length upper than a AR15 a small cut needs to be made in the .22lr barrel extension such that the guide rod / recoil spring assembly can be compressed enough to assemble the upper.
    Last edited by mileageman; 01-14-2020 at 12:31 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    The rimfire ruling makes no sense. Of course with rubbish laws you get rubbish rulings.

Keep at it, though. I’m not the only guy who shoots .22 indoors during the season where I cannot shoot .223 outdoors.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    Is it not possible to outsource the manufacture of your product? It kind of seems like there are lots of good NR products on the market right now but supply is always limited.
    Hard to control/guarantee top quality when you outsource tho!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post

In this industry.. it is frightening to outsource. The concerns about quality, but also other issues...
    Should we ask John of Wolverine Supplies how he feels about the situation with Kodiak Defense?... yeah, I don't think we even need to ask.

The #### of it is, it happens over, and over, and over in this industry, every time you turn around somebody's trying to put a pointy metallic object in your back... So at some point you become a little jaded and it becomes hard to trust others, even if they are good people.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    In this industry.. it is frightening to outsource. The concerns about quality, but also other issues...
    Should we ask John of Wolverine Supplies how he feels about the situation with Kodiak Defense?... yeah, I don't think we even need to ask.

The #### of it is, it happens over, and over, and over in this industry, every time you turn around somebody's trying to put a pointy metallic object in your back... So at some point you become a little jaded and it becomes hard to trust others, even if they are good people.
    What kinds of VMC's/HMC's are you guys running?
    Have you got a shop tour video up anywhere?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast