Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Danger of Buying Into Uncertainty and Fear

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    Provide your source that shows that staffers are deleting emails.

...I've always received a confirmation email to every one I've sent and every single response I've received to a written letter has been canned. To me, idea that written is better than email is complete BS
    It's not worth arguing this. We're all on the same team.

I stated that I have worked in the political realm. I'm not going to get into an argument regarding engaging with your Member of Parliament - as long as you're doing so I'm all good. Enjoy your weekend.

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    Provide your source that shows that staffers are deleting emails.

...I've always received a confirmation email to every one I've sent and every single response I've received to a written letter has been canned. To me, idea that written is better than email is complete BS
    Well you're lucky. I wrote a personal e-mail and sent to senators during C-71 and never received anything back, except a few pre-fabricated messages. That being said, I did mail in a letter to Billy and Trudy and never received anything either….
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenzoom View Post
    Well you're lucky. I wrote a personal e-mail and sent to senators during C-71 and never received anything back, except a few pre-fabricated messages. That being said, I did mail in a letter to Billy and Trudy and never received anything either….
    No response is a response.

You aren't worth the time.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

Actually bought several in the past month.
    "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns...."

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzoom View Post
    I wrote to every Senator prior to the vote on C-71 and received five responses (two from CPC Senators). Just because you don't receive a response doesn't mean you're not being read. Keep up the pressure.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Excellent read, thank you.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

I stopped buying ar15s but I haven't sold the ones that I already have. I Mostly buy pistols. Hasnt stopped my pistol buying

It looks like any ban does come about it will be ar15s. My pistols are safe for now but that could change in 2 yrs time. Once they ban scary guns they will come after my 1911 collection.

CGN frequent flyer
    Ordered the Colt Python the government will have to pry it from my cold rotting corpse. Whoever orders the prying I will haunt them and curse them with a lifetime of the sh!ts.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Extremely well presented. The only thing I'd point out is the line about manufactured terms. All of these nitwits love to use "assault weapon" as a catch-all to their ignorance of firearms. I know it's nitpicky, but "assault rifle" is a fairly accepted term with a more or less agreed upon definition. "Assault weapon", on the other hand, is just a fear mongering nonsensical term used to scare the wits out of the ignorant.

That said, I've been in a bit of a pickle in regard to my range membership. My PAL expired end of August so being, what I thought was, proactive I filed my application for renewal at the beginning of May. After spending several hours on hold and being bounced from department to department, after several calls in, I keep getting told the same thing: "Your application is in queue and will be processed shortly." It's a very awkward situation to be in since I no longer have a valid PAL for my range membership and soon won't have a range membership for my restricted firearms.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast