Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Danger of Buying Into Uncertainty and Fear

i have heard a while back if you put a penny whit the letter they can not get trow it away for some legal reason think a nickel would be the same a priest told me this i wonder anyone else heard this

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenzoom View Post
    Well you're lucky. I wrote a personal e-mail and sent to senators during C-71 and never received anything back, except a few pre-fabricated messages. That being said, I did mail in a letter to Billy and Trudy and never received anything either….
    To be clear, My experience is pretty much the same as yours. With emails, invariably get a confirmation but sometimes no reply....and with letters, if I do get a reply, it’s canned.

My point is that the medium doesn’t matter. In fact, I’ve never received a single response by any medium that directly answers the questions I ask. It’s always a canned response.

The only time I get a personal touch is when dealing with my local MP, whom I send things to more frequently than the PM or safety minister
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Great letter, and excellent points. Thanks for taking the time to do this, Ryan.

I would like to add one point:

*IF* the worst case scenario happens and the ban can be fully-implemented during whatever time this government has left in power, *do not* voluntarily surrender your "banned" firearms. Wait for them to come to you. If you drive your guns to your local collection point or mail the to the CFO or whatever scheme the feds come up with to actually collect them, they're gone forever, regardless of who wins the next elections(s).

But if you wait for the first notification, the second notification, the phone calls, the summons, the knock at the door, the court date, the inevitable adjournment, the next court date, the appeal date, whatever procedure is put in place to make this happen it'll take YEARS. They haven't even come up with the mechanism for this confiscation yet, let alone the resources required to make it happen. Obviously take a path of nonviolent resistance, but don't make it easy for them. Make them work for it. Make every single confiscation cost five-figures in money and manpower to execute. Embarrass them. Make this cost billions. Make it so complicated and expensive even people who don't care about this issue start to ask why the government is spending ten-figures for no measurable gain, and why average Canadian gun owners are suddenly activists.

Remember, the government is a massive, inefficient lumbering machine. Look at the mess the long gun registry became. The civil servant payroll boondoggle. Massive, systemic holes in its own physical and electronic security programs. Bottomless money pits like failed airports and arenas. Dozens of white elephants and scandals in whatever province or territory you're in. This planned ban is one of the largest schemes by any Canadian government, ever. They're going to screw it up in epic, unprecedented ways. Just drag it out as long as you can, and that begins with noncompliance of any notifications you receive. Just hang in there. They can't arrest all of us.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Great letter, and excellent points. Thanks for taking the time to do this, Ryan.

I would like to add one point:

*IF* the worst case scenario happens and the ban can be fully-implemented during whatever time this government has left in power, *do not* voluntarily surrender your "banned" firearms. Wait for them to come to you. If you drive your guns to your local collection point or mail the to the CFO or whatever scheme the feds come up with to actually collect them, they're gone forever, regardless of who wins the next elections(s).

But if you wait for the first notification, the second notification, the phone calls, the summons, the knock at the door, the court date, the inevitable adjournment, the next court date, the appeal date, whatever procedure is put in place to make this happen it'll take YEARS. They haven't even come up with the mechanism for this confiscation yet, let alone the resources required to make it happen. Obviously take a path of nonviolent resistance, but don't make it easy for them. Make them work for it. Make every single confiscation cost five-figures in money and manpower to execute. Embarrass them. Make this cost billions. Make it so complicated and expensive even people who don't care about this issue start to ask why the government is spending ten-figures for no measurable gain, and why average Canadian gun owners are suddenly activists.

Remember, the government is a massive, inefficient lumbering machine. Look at the mess the long gun registry became. The civil servant payroll boondoggle. Massive, systemic holes in its own physical and electronic security programs. Bottomless money pits like failed airports and arenas. Dozens of white elephants and scandals in whatever province or territory you're in. This planned ban is one of the largest schemes by any Canadian government, ever. They're going to screw it up in epic, unprecedented ways. Just drag it out as long as you can, and that begins with noncompliance of any notifications you receive. Just hang in there. They can't arrest all of us.
    Exactly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I have to say the the post of BCpreserve MP is exactly what i intend to do, you have to be verse in english language to supply us with such a neat description of events that may be in the future. Thanks.

I know i have no problem speaking english but bilingual is not enough to write that good.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Just hang in there. They can't arrest all of us.
    Really well laid out, this makes a LOT of sense.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    Thank you BCreserveMP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelectRyan View Post
    We're met with a barrage of questions on a daily basis regarding what the government is going to do.

This sums up our thoughts...

CLICK HERE TO READ
    Excellent post! With all the fear mongering and false narratives we see of late,people need to take a breathe and use their heads.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234