Magpul AICS 5.56 PMAG

I use the mdt as well, they’re okay, I was hoping the pmag would fit slightly better. I also want to try the Accurate 5rnd for hunting but they’re hard to find as well.

Still nothing, not even on the Magpul site, no ETA :(
MDT mags are terrible. An hour of grinding, filing and sanding and they still don't fit satisfactorily. Not sure how they'll feed yet.
I have an Accuracy International polymer mag that fits great but they no longer make them in .223 other than in the more expesive metal ($90). I think there are a couple other metal brands out there as well.

My apologies, I should have stated that I have a Magpul Hunter stock.

I agree with you mailfire on the "super friendly and helpful people" though and they're Canadian!
I'm consulting with them on my issue as we speak.

Cheers

Last edited:
What chassis are you trying the ‘terrible’ mdt mags in? Genuinely curious. I just received 3 from the super friendly and helpful people over there. My rifle is in for barrel work. I am definitely excited to try the pmags but am happy to at least have tried mdt’s.
I have the lss gen1

I have put a couple hundred rounds through my MDT mag and MDT chassis I picked up on the black Friday sale this year . They ran great with no need to grind them. Would love to get some magpul ones as well though.

What chassis are you trying the ‘terrible’ mdt mags in? Genuinely curious. I just received 3 from the super friendly and helpful people over there. My rifle is in for barrel work. I am definitely excited to try the pmags but am happy to at least have tried mdt’s.
I have the lss gen1

The MDT 5.56 mags won’t work in my Ruger Scout without filing the rear of the mag at the top to relieve it.
Seems like they weren’t designed with the Gunsite scout rifles in mind

Back
Top Bottom