Thread: PAL application - references in different province

PAL application - references in different province

Hi All,
    I've recently passed my CFSC and am working on the paperwork for the PAL application. The application requires me to get the info and signatures of two references who have known me for at least 3 years. Problem is, I just moved to Alberta and so no one here has known me for that long. All my possible references live in Quebec or Ontario.

To get around that, I was thinking of scanning the relevant application pages to my references, have them fill their info in and send it back. Then I would print the filled-in pages, attach them to the original application package and mail that.

Would this be acceptable or would the fact that the reference info isn't on the original application cause my application to be rejected? Has anyone had a similar problem?

CGN frequent flyer
    That'll work just fine.

Luckily, the reference bit on the PAL application is not nearly as ridiculous as for a passport.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Does it stipulate these people have to be same province?
    Cant remember.
    You can also get your references to call in to speed along the process I think. I had mine do that but I'm not sure if you still can.

By speed along I mean less holdups due to trying to contact references.
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

I mean, my brother was in Europe when he called in for me so I don't think it matters.
    CTSC
    PEIRA
    IPSCNB